IGNORED

I guess everyone has a "find" they can brag about.

orrimarrko

Finally got lucky!

Picked up a MINT condition Q*Bert's Qubes on Wednesday. Came complete with MINT box, insert to hold the cartridge in the box, and Manual.

Everything was as if it had never been used.

If that wasn't great enough, it ONLY cost $1.99!!!

Swear to God - it was like Christmas and my Birthday all wrapped up into one.

I just had to share.

Find to brag about?

When I found a whole crapload of Atari and Intellivision games along with 2 Atari 2600 systems and an INTV2 system in where else but a DUMPSTER!

However, everything works but the INTV2 was thrown out(stupid me!) and someone was just stupid enough to throw it all out!

Good score man!! Hey, I havent been collecting more than 5 months. I found a NTSC Master Builder for $1.50 Cdn. Also, my flea market supplier sells me 4, 5, and 6's for anything from $1-3 every week. We all have great finds. I think the days of the dream haul is over. Those took place in the nineties. I guess it depends on how hard you look. I have been from Ottawa to London across Ontario and I have manged to score about 150 different carts in 5 months. I have only used ebay once and this was when I first got started because I did not know where to find Atari carts. I am looking forward to the yard sale season 2003!!!

I just received Activision's H.E.R.O. boxed with a manual off of eBay for the same price (including quick shipping) as I've seen the loose cart sold for on the collector's pages I frequent. The game has been on my must-have list for a while and I never found it in the wild. I spent a few bucks but it was worth it.

My other rarest game was given to me: Imagic's Quick Step (Rarity 5). Not a bad game...just strange. I've had three friends give me all of there Atari stuff (and that's what got me started) so I guess those were my best "finds" (I'm set for controllers for life just from that).

I've found nothing but rarity 1's and 2's in the wild but haven't really looked very hard (only went thrifting a few times and to a flea market once). Maybe this summer...

Voch

Finally got lucky!

Picked up a MINT condition Q*Bert's Qubes on Wednesday.  Came complete with MINT box, insert to hold the cartridge in the box, and Manual.

Swear to God

Swear to God, you got it at Junkies for two dollar eh? :o

(MMF is +EXTREMELY+ jealous.)

Congrats man.

Finally got lucky!

Picked up a MINT condition Q*Bert's Qubes on Wednesday.  Came complete with MINT box, insert to hold the cartridge in the box, and Manual.

Swear to God - it was like Christmas and my Birthday all wrapped up into one.

I just had to share.

Good find! :-) Why does this never happen to me??

post-2302-1043436527.gif

Man, that is freakin' awesome! Where did you get it?

My only joy like that is getting a free XEGS with tons of 8-bit games including a copy of Bounty Bob Strikes Back.

I got a copy of condor attack last year (humm might have been in 2001 late summer) at a garage sale for $3

and when driving down my street i thought i saw a stereo CD changer in the garbage, i stop to pick it up to check it out and BAM its a philips CDi 220 player and next to it was a box of games and 2 controllers (a remote & kids controller)

took it home and it worked, but the door wouldnt open unless i took the top off it and manually ejected the game

Oh yeah...forgot about my Inty brag. My friend found me an Intellivision II, Intellivoice, and about a dozen boxed games in various condition (PGA Golf was gooky but most others were clean) complete for $10 at a garage sale. I have since worked to expand that library, too.

Voch

Found my Star Wars cockpit machine in a guy's driveway with a tarp on it.

Found a Missile Command in a yard on my way out one day.

As for Atari's; used to get a good sized box of stuff evey week in the 10-20 buck range. Most ever was 40 games, system and organizer for 15 bucks.

Subterranea for 99 cents. Lots of boxed NES stuff. Getting pretty thin though...

Cassidy

Well one of my rarest finds was back in the 90's and I found a complete Colecovision with Turbo steering wheel, Atari 2600 adaptor for the Coleco, 4 controllers (including the Sports Action controller or whatever they were called) and 20 some odd games for $3.

A couple years back I found some MIB Imagic games at a thrift store for $1.50 each and they were all 5's.

Now if we were talking about toys I would have to say the Clark Kent Super Power figures I found at a yard sale for $1 each.

2 years ago I picked up a Vectrex, 6 games, plus overlays for $20, from the local Buy and Sell ads. No boxes but everything was in mint condition. The guy selling it was even willing to give me a break in the price because he said "these games are really old and not like Playstation 2 or anything". But I gave him $20 anyway because I didn't have change.

My best wild finds would have to be a 2600 Enduro proto for .99 cents at a flea and a 400/800 Keystone Kapers proto mixed in with 20 other 400/800 carts for $10 at a Goodwill. Both of those finds were back in 2000.

Also, way back in 97', I hit a garage sale and walked away with 2 boxed 1200XL computers, a 130XE system, 10 joysticks, 4 disk drives, and 700 (No, I'm NOT exagerating here either!) games on floppy disks for $25. I filled my 86' Buick Regal's truck twice and that thing had a BIG trunk.

About a year after that, I came across a 5200, 8 joysticks, a 5200-2600 adapter, 20 or so 2600 games, 30 5200 games at another yard sale for $20. There were some real tresures in this lot including, a Mr do's caste for 5200, my first Spy Hunter for 2600, and the best thing was that EVERY single game came with instructions. I love it when people take care of their stuff. :) :) :)

It's really strange that the rarest 2600 game I've found all by itself in the wild was a Pigs in Space at a Goodwill. I find that really strange odds.

These are my best 'Atari' finds in the past 7 years.

Move on to other systems like NES,INTV,CV and I've had some good scores as well.

MattG.

I dunno if this is a "great find," but I was glad that I shelled out the money for one of those Atari 2600 Test consoles a few years ago. Brand new with everything with it (the cardboard instruction things). I never assembled it in hopes that it would be worth more than I spent on it someday ($100). Was this a good buy, or am I a complete moron? :) (I mean, seriously, I want to know if this was a good idea)