IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing Wanted Flyer

Zach

i guess we all need to put ourselves in nagn's shoes. we collect atari stuffs. he obviously doesn't. so that's like me finding some super rare Barbie doll that was made in 1856 (i don't know, just throwing that out there) with a blue dress and green eyes instead of the production run of red dresses and blue eyes. would i care if i threw it out the window of a moving vehicle and let an 18-wheeler behind me crush it oblivion? hell no i wouldn't.

seeing everyone dancing in their pants for this is providing entertainment to him, which would be the only reason i would go to a Barbie message board, say "look at this crap". and stick around for this long. i wouldn't care who believed me. would you?

i guess we all need to put ourselves in nagn's shoes. we collect atari stuffs. he obviously doesn't. so that's like me finding some super rare Barbie doll that was made in 1856 (i don't know, just throwing that out there) with a blue dress and green eyes instead of the production run of red dresses and blue eyes. would i care if i threw it out the window of a moving vehicle and let an 18-wheeler behind me crush it oblivion? hell no i wouldn't.

Are you saying you would hang around a barbie forum with a doll that was worth, say $2k and not just sell it and move on with your new-found wealth? That you would actually hang around just to taunt them?? Are you saying you would destroy a barbie doll that you could sell for, say, $2k???

Sure, in your scenario with the rare Barbie Doll, it would make perfect sense if you were a millionaire. Like Montgomery Brewster getting an inverted jenny stamp and then just mailing it. Very rich people can afford to mess with people, just for kicks. Trading Places anyone? But guess what, I can guarantee you that the owner of that shop ain't no millionaire. And in today's world, money talks. It is the universal language to 99% of the people in this country.

"show me the money!"

With my recent luck blowing a circuit may just happen. Trust me, I am not going to lose any sleep over this. As far as the offers you are right, I can't believe the number of people that have made offers since the other news hit the boards. That is the part that is really confusing. I have had an offer here in there in the past but now that there may be a second one it seems like there is a mad rush to get me to sell. That seems very strange to me. If anybody can explain this to me I would be greatful.

I will explain this to you because I sincerely doubt that any others here will.

1) Be Cautious. More so now then ever before. To call what has happened here a coincidence is a complete understatement. Ask yourself this question. Which one of these two scenarios makes more sense?

a)You find a lost treasure, hold onto it for years, and then when you decide to sell it, suddenly another one is found.

OR

b) Your about to sell a very valuable item, one which many people want, but they want it cheap of course. So right before it all unfolds, some members get together and make up a story of another one being found to give you the perception that it is no longer a one of a kind, it is no longer as valuable, and you need to let it go asap.

DON'T DO A SINGLE THING until you 100% VERIFY that another one has indeed been found. Video recording of the guy inserting the cartridge and turning on the power with today's newspaper sitting in front of the television doing RANDOM things on-screen would be the ONLY acceptable proof. Not some grainy quality pictures or a hacked video using your own as a basis. Anybody could get the same cart shell (with an S-15 mind you etched inside as I have several myself btw) and a good printout (reproduction, copy, or a few hours in photoshop) of the labels and take some pics. And videos can also be faked.

2) Assuming the guy DOES eventually prove that it is real. You STILL have options. Don't rush into anything. At this point, the whole argument of "better get it on ebay fast before the other guy sells his and it is dumped" is null and void. It makes no difference at this point. The "second copy" is either REAL or FAKE at this time and nothing can change that. If it is fake, then you still have a one of a kind. If it is real, then you still have a holy grail. Either way, you still have something valuable. So be cautious.

What is interesting is that Travis is yet to provide a video of his in action. How long does it take a guy who owns a game dealership to test a cart?? Still, there rally is no point trying to trick him like this. If it is a fake, that would be determined well before nagn got a chance to sell his. Presumably if proof is not forthcoming in the next day or so then we can safely say this is a scam. If this IS a scam then AA members have sunk to a new low.....

Why would we safely say this is a scam after the next day or so?

Because he is not some guy who bought the game 30 years ago, had it in the attic and just found it stashed away after all these years. Typically, those sort have either lost their system, sold it or thrown it out or it no longer works. It takes days to find a new system to test it on and they may fear buying a unit only to discover that the game doesnt work and therefore they have wasted their money.

Travis owns a game store. He would have a unit, or at the very least be able to source one quickly. He would also be itching to try the game out to see if it still works, and therefore, he would be in a position to post a vid within a day or so. If he doesnt post anything soon, then its a scam.

No, he owns a thrift store. I'm not sure what thrift/game stores you go to, but around here, it is very rare to see any Atari stuff at either. How do you know that arrangements aren't being made to test the game? Not everybody has the time (or interest) to go online every 5 minutes and post a status update.

The problem with all the Red Sea Crossing threads is out of control speculation and spreading of rumors. We just need to let this take it's course, and not argue about the details and how they prove it's real or fake.

• Like 1

I concur-- I'm surprised that people are thinking that Travis owns a gaming store.

I was there- it's a thrift store, not a videogaming store. There were clothes and other vintage items.

I'm sure he gets electronics like that from time to time, but I'm pretty sure that those are not the main source of income.

There's even a youtube video someone made as a commercial walking through the store; it's definitely not a gaming store.

The only Atari there was the one that came with Red Sea Crossing, and it was missing the TV adapter.

If you're not a classic video game enthusiast, it might be tough to even know what you need to hook it up to a TV.

Last time I hooked an Atari up to an HD TV it took me a lot of time to figure out how to put the antenna into analog mode.

This is not something that's general knowledge anymore; I can see how it could take some work.

As I mentioned when I visited the store, Travis seems to be looking to get some publicity out of this first.

Until that happens, I have no problem waiting. He sounded like he was going to contact some press.

If you're going to do that, I would assume that you want to do it right, and have a well-thought-out story to present.

That would potentially attract more people to the store ("wow, I have to see that place").

I'm sure we'll see gameplay video soon enough, when he's ready.

It took 5 years for a second one to surface-- a few weeks/months for things to settle isn't much to ask.

The longer he holds the cart, the more publicity he can probably get for it.

-John

• Like 1

As I mentioned when I visited the store, Travis seems to be looking to get some publicity out of this first.

Until that happens, I have no problem waiting. He sounded like he was going to contact some press.

If you're going to do that, I would assume that you want to do it right, and have a well-thought-out story to present.

That would potentially attract more people to the store ("wow, I have to see that place").

Sounds like a reasonable thing to do. I would probably do the same in his shoes.

With my recent luck blowing a circuit may just happen. Trust me, I am not going to lose any sleep over this. As far as the offers you are right, I can't believe the number of people that have made offers since the other news hit the boards. That is the part that is really confusing. I have had an offer here in there in the past but now that there may be a second one it seems like there is a mad rush to get me to sell. That seems very strange to me. If anybody can explain this to me I would be greatful.

I will explain this to you because I sincerely doubt that any others here will.

1) Be Cautious. More so now then ever before. To call what has happened here a coincidence is a complete understatement. Ask yourself this question. Which one of these two scenarios makes more sense?

a)You find a lost treasure, hold onto it for years, and then when you decide to sell it, suddenly another one is found.

OR

b) Your about to sell a very valuable item, one which many people want, but they want it cheap of course. So right before it all unfolds, some members get together and make up a story of another one being found to give you the perception that it is no longer a one of a kind, it is no longer as valuable, and you need to let it go asap.

DON'T DO A SINGLE THING until you 100% VERIFY that another one has indeed been found. Video recording of the guy inserting the cartridge and turning on the power with today's newspaper sitting in front of the television doing RANDOM things on-screen would be the ONLY acceptable proof. Not some grainy quality pictures or a hacked video using your own as a basis. Anybody could get the same cart shell (with an S-15 mind you etched inside as I have several myself btw) and a good printout (reproduction, copy, or a few hours in photoshop) of the labels and take some pics. And videos can also be faked.

2) Assuming the guy DOES eventually prove that it is real. You STILL have options. Don't rush into anything. At this point, the whole argument of "better get it on ebay fast before the other guy sells his and it is dumped" is null and void. It makes no difference at this point. The "second copy" is either REAL or FAKE at this time and nothing can change that. If it is fake, then you still have a one of a kind. If it is real, then you still have a holy grail. Either way, you still have something valuable. So be cautious.

What is interesting is that Travis is yet to provide a video of his in action. How long does it take a guy who owns a game dealership to test a cart?? Still, there rally is no point trying to trick him like this. If it is a fake, that would be determined well before nagn got a chance to sell his. Presumably if proof is not forthcoming in the next day or so then we can safely say this is a scam. If this IS a scam then AA members have sunk to a new low.....

Why would we safely say this is a scam after the next day or so?

Because he is not some guy who bought the game 30 years ago, had it in the attic and just found it stashed away after all these years. Typically, those sort have either lost their system, sold it or thrown it out or it no longer works. It takes days to find a new system to test it on and they may fear buying a unit only to discover that the game doesnt work and therefore they have wasted their money.

Travis owns a game store. He would have a unit, or at the very least be able to source one quickly. He would also be itching to try the game out to see if it still works, and therefore, he would be in a position to post a vid within a day or so. If he doesnt post anything soon, then its a scam.

Some of this has already been answered so I won't repeat it.

In my opinion, as long as Travis does everything faster than nagn2 has then it is real. He already checked off his list having an AtariAge member visiting his thrift store and seeing the cart on the first day. nagn2 ,on the other hand, has been in a hurry to go slooow. Travis's already seems more real to me. I'm confident that relatively soon I'll see more pictures, game play video, the cart being opened, an expert authenticating it in person,... but I'm giving him the same time limit that nagn2 had and that clock is still ticking.

However, I do agree with Supergun that nagn2 should do nothing because that is the only advice anyone could get him to follow.

Travis's already seems more real to me.

:ponder:

My head is spinning! I wish nagn2 (which makes me think of the words "naggin' to", which is probably what he thinks he's been going through with this game) would put up his auction tomorrow like he said he would and an AA member gets it and puts this verification question to rest once and for all.

I have no doubt that the cart is real. Really, why should anyone? We've had magazine ads, videos from nagn2, etc... at this point there should be no doubt left that Red Sea Crossing actually exists.

I'm sure this thrift shop owner wants nothing but good publicity from this cart. It's not like he is some random guy on eBay who is really hard to track down. You know exactly where he is located. There really should be no conspiracy theories going on here.

The cart doesn't need to be opened, but it needs to be tested to see if it still works.

• Like 2

I have no doubt that the cart is real. Really, why should anyone? We've had magazine ads, videos from nagn2, etc... at this point there should be no doubt left that Red Sea Crossing actually exists.

I'm sure this thrift shop owner wants nothing but good publicity from this cart. It's not like he is some random guy on eBay who is really hard to track down. You know exactly where he is located. There really should be no conspiracy theories going on here.

The cart doesn't need to be opened, but it needs to be tested to see if it still works.

...dumped, and reproed :D

• Like 1

Travis's already seems more real to me.

:ponder:

More real to me time wise and the story sounding real. On the first day of Travis's post I had more convincing evidence than nagn2 did on his first day. Propane13 went there and found a real thrift store with an owner that showed excitement about his find and came back with a story that sounds convincing. He is a homebrewer. He didn't come back with a story about how he saw a cart that look suspiciously like a homebrew and how things were fishy. It seemed very real to me on day one. It seems very unlikely to me that Propane13 teamed up with some thrift shop owner with a conspiracy to mess things up for nagn2. nagn2 did it to himself by taking forever.

Congratulatons on the find! What horrible timing for me but we should both do well! I wanted an amazing end to my story and I guess it couldn't get any more amazing than this!

Yes, indeed.

I think it will turn out great for the both of you.

Another question, Nagn:

Since you played it again: did you already found the hidden surprise in the game?

Is there an ending to the game?

Funny, but somehow this interests me more than the whole money thing.

8)

• Like 5