IGNORED

I showed my Atari 2600 to my classmates (Age 15-18)

PitfallHarry2600

Here they are! I had the opportunity to take some pictures during the showcase :D

post-27566-0-28341800-1337784055_thumb.jpg First, there was Pitfall, my favorite game. I put it in there to show the capabilities of the system in 1982, when ET was released

post-27566-0-46471100-1337784081_thumb.jpg My classmates, playing Combat. The girl has won

post-27566-0-37315800-1337784200_thumb.jpg Poor guy. He was the volunteer for ET

post-27566-0-57219300-1337784254_thumb.jpg The screen looked like this during 85% of his game play

post-27566-0-41709000-1337784311_thumb.jpg This guy was looking at the first Atari cart he ever saw

post-27566-0-98192700-1337784381_thumb.jpg That's me :D I took Frogger as an extra in order to show a good 2600 arcade port. Somebody actually recognized the game

post-27566-0-22373900-1337784434_thumb.jpg That's me too... This time I'm playing Frogger

Overall, everyone participated. They were interested in the Atari and the presentation. The two that played Combat really liked it, and, in fact, ALL my class liked my presentation/showcase... Maybe some of 'em will start playing Atari :).

• Like 17

I'm 16 and when I tell/show my friends they usually just ask why I would play games with such terrible graphics. All I have to say to them is that its the game-play, not the graphics. I do have one friend who has taken interest in it however, and has started collecting and playing games on his own.

• Like 4

I'm 16 and when I tell/show my friends they usually just ask why I would play games with such terrible graphics. All I have to say to them is that its the game-play, not the graphics. I do have one friend who has taken interest in it however, and has started collecting and playing games on his own.

That's how my friends are. They can't understand what I see in them. All they want to play are FPS's and anything older than 2007 is too old

Edited by flammingcowz

That's how my friends are. They can't understand what I see in them. All they want to play are FPS's and anything older than 2007 is too old

Yeah, its like people don't care how the game plays, its just, "wow look how amazing this game looks", or "Look how many different guns I can unlock."

Great job!

I'm glad to see today's youth getting a little bit of a history lesson on Atari and the games that we played back then when we were in our early to mid teens.

I'll say this. If at 15-18 you love these games, when you get to the current age of us first gen gamers, you'll still love them as if it were only yesterday when you enjoyed them in your youth.

I sincerely hope that in another 30 years the 15 yr olds of that time will also be showing off the old Atari, Commodore, Colecovision, etc... systems from the golden age of home computing and video game playing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great pics great job

If you get the chance to do it again and have any homebrews from the AA store show your class them

Let them see Games with a 201x date on them And say a 35 year old system still has new games being made can't say that about PS2 or Original Xbox

• Like 2