IGNORED

P.I.T.S. is the pits on ebay

high voltage

Woah that's expensive. I'm not sure if I'd consider this to be part of a complete collection? While very rare, what the heck do you do with it once you own it?

Not much -- but it's certainly the oddest commercial release for the Lynx, and there's something to be said for that. I paid around $200-$250 for my complete package about eight years ago, and I certainly don't regret it at all. I'd probably go as high as $500 now if I didn't have one already.

That guy is insane. Posted the packed last time in January for € 300 but nobody bought it...

I just hate it when some people push prices in astronomous heights. Makes others beliebe they can do it too. And makes it harder for any true gamer/fan to achieve rare or sought after items for a reasonable price.

This is pure speculation...

Yeah, you're absolutely right. It is pure speculation.

But the problem is actually that there are enough people outside who pay this inflated prices. Perhaps not in this special case but you see it on the Jaguar (Battlesphere/Battlesphere Gold for example) or on the NeoGeo system.

Edited by life_is_pleach

I suppose if you can afford it then why not. Seems expensive for just being a driving test. Probably cheaper to fly to Germany and get a real driver's licence.

Edit: Yes in fact it is cheaper for me to fly from Toronto to Frankfurt than purchase this Lynx and cart.

Edited by Horst

I suppose if you can afford it then why not.

Pure capitalist thinking. Don´t you think that people with less money would like to collect games too? Do you think it is ok for some to earn on silly prices?

Compared to the size of the Lynx community and collectors out there the price is way out of reasonable pricing. There are games out there that are so rare that a high price is justified - think of Entex´ Adventure Vision - a game that would justify € 1000 for the tabletop only.

Edited by woolfman

Pure capitalist thinking. Don´t you think that people with less money would like to collect games too? Do you think it is ok for some to earn on silly prices?

Compared to the size of the Lynx community and collectors out there the price is way out of reasonable pricing. There are games out there that are so rare that a high price is justified - think of Entex´ Adventure Vision - a game that would justify € 1000 for the tabletop only.

This item is certainly overpriced, but I'm not sure I agree that pricing should be correlated to the particular size of a gaming community and/or overall "rarity". P.I.T.S. may well be unique for a game on an Atari system in that the true value of the item comes with the packaging, and not the cart itself -- you can, of course, buy bare repro carts for something like $50 to $75 (or you could, at least, a few years ago on eBay) -- and it makes this very difficult to compare with other games on the used gaming market. This isn't a situation where the packaging adds value to a rare game (ie. a boxed Atlantis II), but a situation where rare packaging is standard, highly desired, and can't be reproduced (at anything like a reasonable cost).

Edited by davidcalgary29

This isn't a situation where the packaging adds value to a rare game (ie. a boxed Atlantis II), but a situation where rare packaging is standard, highly desired, and can't be reproduced (at anything like a reasonable cost).

Certainly not true, when Lars Baumstark still makes them on special request...

Edited by woolfman

Huh? Sarcasm? I thought we lived in a capitalist society. If you want expensive things get a good education and a good job, then buy them. If you can't afford something, don't buy it. I can easily afford this $1100 game. I choose not to buy it. A seller may sell an item for whatever price they desire, it may or may not sell. Given the choice of earning say $40 profit or $400, I'll take the larger number every time. Why would you ever fault someone for making money?