IGNORED

SEGA Saturn Store Kiosk

atari2atari

Well, this is kinda cool for someone, although I suspect it might already be gone - - something like this won't sit long!

A SEGA Saturn store kiosk that needs a little work

http://denver.craigslist.org/vgm/3047695537.html

And, here is a screen grab for the historical record, too - -

post-27961-0-54694600-1338480794_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps someone!

-a2a

Kiosks are always tough to estimate a price on. So much of it depends on how portable they are and how much space they take up. I know Game Dude in Los Angeles had several of these NOS in the shipping crates in the early 2000s and it took them a while to sell them at a few hundred if I recall correctly and those came with everything. I didn't end up buying one because it was larger than most arcade games I own and I just didn't have the space and couldn't justify the effort to get something that was so impractical and frankly not super attractive.

What did the last KIOSK here sell for, like $500? And didn't it take 3 years or so? it was funny

Anyway, KIOSKS are awesome. I wish I had picked up the Dreamcast one that COMP USA had in Bakersfield when they went out of business.

I don't know, it looked pretty generic to me (actually, come to think of it, the Genesis kiosk also looked really generic with the vaguely silver/grey plastic and chrome design) and I'm not sure why they chose orange and dark blue as other than the possible Sonic reference on the blue, orange certainly wasn't anything Sega used to promote or brand the Saturn. Don't get me wrong, I love the Saturn, but other than one video store that converted it to something else, I don't really even remember seeing the Saturn kiosk at most retailers. In fact, most of the big box retailers around Southern California like Best Buy and EB Games at the time had their own generic multi-purpose kiosks and didn't even use the official ones. I did get a NOS Dreamcast kiosk because it was small and I love the robot like design and the fact that the orange and other color choices seemed like they were part of the whole Dreamcast design scheme.

Wow, I consider my Saturn Kiosk one of the most attractive kiosks in my collection.