IGNORED

ADAM i picked up off ebay

SILKIE

I picked up this ADAM for $22.00, Just arrived today.

They had it listed as having bad yellowing. LoL!

More like bad dirt!

Nothing some Glass Plus would not wipe away.

The inside was spotless.

Looks brand new now!

Just have to put together a power supply to see what i'm working with?

post-28420-0-44050000-1338514631_thumb.jpg

post-28420-0-39094000-1338514644_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

WOW! I'm curious... What did you use to clean it? 8) Very nice job :thumbsup:

Just a damp rag with dish liquid. Then went back over it with Glass Plus.

The Dirty Picture is their ebay pic. Of course the Clean one is mine.

Why in the world would they have not cleaned it up?

They probably would have fetched more.

But then again? I probably would not have gotten a good deal.

It amazes me all the dirty crap that people sell on eBay.

Tell me about it! I recently purchased a copy of Golden Axe for the Genesis off someone on eBay. The picture looked decent, but when I got it, it was as if there was life growing in all the small nooks and crannies of the case. A quick clean with 99% alcohol fixed it up, but why wouldn't they bother to clean it before shipping? Ugh!

Great job on the cleanup/restoration! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you are going to tackle the power supply yourself, but if you decide to purchase one instead, AtariAge member DJPUBBA sells converted PC power supplies for $40 shipped. Also, you should be able to find a Keyboard and ADAMnet Cable for a decen price thru numerous sources... if you need some help finding one, just let me know and I will post some links.

Great job on the cleanup/restoration! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you are going to tackle the power supply yourself, but if you decide to purchase one instead, AtariAge member DJPUBBA sells converted PC power supplies for $40 shipped. Also, you should be able to find a Keyboard and ADAMnet Cable for a decen price thru numerous sources... if you need some help finding one, just let me know and I will post some links.

Thanks bro! i will keep all this in mind.

A word of caution though: I once bought such a power supply from DJPUBBA, and when I received and tried it, the display was ondulating, like big waves were washing over the TV image. I tried the same memory console with a regular Adam printer, and it worked fine, so I knew there was an issue with the homebrew power supply. I sent it back and got a refund without any problem.

Just wanted to share my personal experience. :)

Edited by Pixelboy

Yep, DJPUBBA is a great seller and stands behind his products. Sorry to hear about your problems Pixelboy... I have bought two of his ADAM Power Supplies (a slimline unit and a full size unit) and they have both worked flawlessly for me even with a number of hardware additions installed in my ADAMs.

Silkie... if you do plan to go the whole 9-yards in getting the ADAM running, you will definetely want to pick-up a C=64 Monitor Cable (5-pin DIN to Composite A/V) to take advantage of ADAM's composite video output, just make sure it is not one of those Chroma/Luma monitor cables as they will not work. The DIN connector of the back of the ADAM is actually 7-pin, but only 5 are used.

Yep, DJPUBBA is a great seller and stands behind his products. Sorry to hear about your problems Pixelboy... I have bought two of his ADAM Power Supplies (a slimline unit and a full size unit) and they have both worked flawlessly for me even with a number of hardware additions installed in my ADAMs.

Silkie... if you do plan to go the whole 9-yards in getting the ADAM running, you will definetely want to pick-up a C=64 Monitor Cable (5-pin DIN to Composite A/V) to take advantage of ADAM's composite video output, just make sure it is not one of those Chroma/Luma monitor cables as they will not work. The DIN connector of the back of the ADAM is actually 7-pin, but only 5 are used.

Thanks for this wealth of information! I plan to get it running or die trying. It will take awhile to get around to it though. Too many things going right now.

Is this the cable your speaking of ---------------> http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&icep_uq=commodore+64+monitor+cable&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

Yes and No. There are a large number of cables in that search that will work just fine and then there are a number of Chroma/Luma cables that will not work. As a rule, I have stuck with C=64 (1802 Monitor) cables that have only 1 Audio connector and then plug it into the White RCA input on the TVs that I have used. The cable shouldn't cost more than $8, but it looks like there are a number that are even cheaper... might have to pickup a couple extra ones to have just in case.