IGNORED

Imagic's Atlantis on XE

kiki77

Atlantis (1983)(Imagic).zip

Here is a version of Atlantis that works on my 130XE without a translator. So it is either not the OSB version or has been fixed. Don't remember where it came from. Give it a try. It is also on the set of 16 mb images that work with SIO2SD in the post linked to below.

http://www.atariage.... drive images

I tried Atarimania and Fandal's versions and both worked (one is Rom image, other is Xex) fine in emulation.

But - the Xex version can fail if Basic is left enabled. Although most loader menus should take care of that, the SIO2SD one probably doesn't.

The Oldoper Version 1.0 works perfect. Even with many older games. I am not a fan of modding my XE with switches. Now every Atlantis file works, even the XEX file. I also tried it with the emulator but you can't compare the emulator with your XL/XE machine because you have to install the OS-B rom which is not included in your mainboard.

@kheffington: do you think that this patched version will work on my PAL XE?

If some people have problems with games which don't work just try Oldoper Version.

Well,

I have two carts from Imagic for the A8, one is Atlantis and the other one is Demon Attack. Atlantis cart. works ok with the XL/XE OS, while Demon Attack cart. requires the 400/800 OS or some sort of translator (a later disk-version of Demon Attack works okay on XL/XE). Maybe your hacked/cracked version of Atlantis was done on Atari 400 or Atari 800 and the hacker/cracker did a not so good job (in the past I had many pirated games that were 400/800 only, while their original versions worked okay on the XL/XE computers)...

-Andreas Koch.

Are you disabling basic when loading? The game will not work with basic loaded and the translator disk most likely turns basic off too. The 16 MB HD images linked to have the file in it as well and are in MyPicoDos format which switches off basic before loading the game.