IGNORED

16 way switch

Fox-1 / mnx

This thing connects to a joystick port. Seems to be manufactured in the Netherlands ("Best" is a city over here). The only thing on the PCB is a CD4067 multiplexer/demultiplexer.

35d8go2.jpg

Anyone know if this is just a generic thing or does it belong to an Atari hardware/software gadget? Found it in a box with nothing but Atari XL related stuff in it.

• 2 months later...

Hi, i dont know the function of this gadget. I can only tell you that GEMI soft were two guys. Jan van Gerwen, and Jan van Mierlo.

combined their familynames into GE (gerwen) MI (Mierlo) = GEMI soft. Rather old folks, who were very enthiosiast in making some hardware things for their ataris in the 80s.

• 1 year later...

This night i remember that i made a phone call to Jan van Gerwen some years ago. His son answered the phone, and told me that Jan van Gerwen passed away in the end of the 1990s. Jan van Gerwen was a nice oldguy living In Veldhoven (Netherlands). When i was into Atari and between 15-18 years old,. Jan van Gerwen was already 50+ years old. Jan van Mierlo lived in Best (also in the Netherlands). That explains GEMI-SOFT BEST. So, Best is just the name of the small town, that Jan van Mierlo was from. My answer is a bit late, but anyhow,

better late as never.

Edited by Stormtrooper of Death