IGNORED

Incognito board preoder

candle

no ;), there is a chance of you using used components and ghetto like approach to this board, i'm not risking it ;)

well, I must admit... I figured people would go off in another direction, and tell me not to 'mount' it...

:P

sloopy.

well, I must admit... I figured people would go off in another direction, and tell me not to 'mount' it...

Incognito is VERY good-looking. Because of this, it will undoubtedly be "mounted."

post-16281-0-46971300-1343115037_thumb.jpg

However, I urge caution, and suggest that protection be used. Upon delivery, the unit will have been passed around like a sailor, as it makes its way around the world in transit.

Better double-bag it, as by the time it gets to you, you don't know where it's been.

Edited by wood_jl

Are PAL 800s much more rare? As much as I love the old beige Atari 800 ("JayMiner800" to some...ha ha.) it is neither rare nor particularly valuable here in U.S.

I'd like to have a PAL 800. In the event that I was able to locate one, I probably could not be picky about the condition. If I were to find a beat-up PAL 800, stuff like the case could be swapped with a Yankee model to make it pretty, right? Is the difference (between PAL and NTSC) confined to the little card that has the CPU/Antic/GTIA (if indeed those are the things on it)? Would changing that card for one out of a PAL machine convert the machine? Motherboard or power board different? Thanks to all!

you would need antic and gtia plus some parts you can pick up in any store

the only thing left to get is crystal you need to change - you may pull that out from broken pal XL board, or buy from one of atari suppliers

mine was ntsc, but now is 100% PAL