IGNORED

Atari Book - Countdown clock has started

The book looks excellent. I was surprised how short the book was but Marty explained that the proof shown at CGE only comprised on the first five chapters of the book.

I will be purchasing the color hardback when it is available.

A little history here:

In 2001, Curt approached me to write a book about Atari with him, which I agreed to do. Curt even had a publisher interested in it. At the same time, Marty was also writing a book about Atari. I remember Marty telling me about it on the phone one night, but because of my book with Curt, I didn't want Marty to go into details about his book, nor did I give him specifics about ours. Unfortunately, due to an incident that I cannot go into, my project with Curt's came to an end, Curt naturally found Marty and the result was this book. This was a good thing because I know that I could never have dedicated the time that Marty and Curt had to this project.

I believe though that this book is more like the one that Marty had originally planned, rather than the one Curt and I had intended to write. I still have the original outline that we prepared (neither Curt nor I ever actually began writing it), and I still think it would make a hell of a great book and wouldn't compete at all against this one.

Curt, I hope you're feeling much better! And Marty, it was finally great to actually meet you in person after all of these years!

Edited by rolenta

Does anybody know the statues of the book?

Allan

We're more bobbleheads types.

Say what?

So you guys didn't get copies for CGexpo according to Curt's post yesterday but your email said the books from Amazon should have shipped on August 6 I think it was. I was just wondering what was going on with them.

Allan

Allan

Say what?

So you guys didn't get copies for CGexpo according to Curt's post yesterday but your email said the books from Amazon should have shipped on August 6 I think it was. I was just wondering what was going on with them.

Allan

As was sent out previously, Amazon payments automatically sends those notices out after a certain amount of time regardless of the actual status. That's their policy and we have no control over that, we are not sending those. We've also stated in several other locations, Amazon pushed back on layout and pdf issues just before leaving for CGE, I was then in Vegas for promoting the book at CGE and couldn't work on it until I got back yesterday night. We're working on redoing the layout issues and will be resubmitting.

Allan

Say what?

Allan

As was sent out previously, Amazon payments automatically sends those notices out after a certain amount of time regardless of the actual status. That's their policy and we have no control over that, we are not sending those. We've also stated in several other locations, Amazon pushed back on layout and pdf issues just before leaving for CGE, I was then in Vegas for promoting the book at CGE and couldn't work on it until I got back yesterday night. We're working on redoing the layout issues and will be resubmitting.

I was aware about the automatic amazon email problem although I was not aware you had to redo some of the layout. You had mention you had to do some last minute editing and had extended the release date to August 6. Thanks for the update.

Allan

I just got this email :

------------- Begin message -------------

HI,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, Createspace, with whom we've published our book through and is directly owned by Amazon has informed us of some formatting issues in the files we had uploaded to the Amazon service for the books. We've hired the Createspace Design services team to correct the issues, they tell us it is 48 hours to correct, and then we will submit back into their review system and they can then releaase back over onto Amazon, this will take 4 days or so to complete and we expect by Monday to have the issues cleared up.

We are very sorry about the delays and we will send everyone who ordered through out site separately an Atari History Bumpersticker for free when we release those in September, those are a $7.99 value that we will send to everyone free for your trouble, thanks again for your support and patience.

Please follow us on Facebook for more updates and information.

Syzygy Press

------------- End message -------------

The Infogrames Atari is still a work in progress, so of course they can't be covered.

But Hasbro? That was a very short time and not much happened, eh?

Again, these are about the real Atari companies. Not later usage of the brand and IP. We're not interested in covering that era.

[sorry, I missed this reply]

Understood, as you cover only what you want to cover.

It sure would be nice to have a chronicle of what happened to the brand in later years. As endearing as the brand is to longtime fans, I should think it would be of interest. While I doubt it would be worthy of a book itself, it could be a short (and unflattering, of course) chapter in someone else's book. It surmise that it would be difficult to tell the unflattering truth of the brand's recent years while maintaining the brand's "blessing" (i.e. fending off a desperate junkyard dog legal dept) for the project. Hell, the current company is trying to tie itself to the era you're covering, by "Celebrating Atari's 40th" and masquerading as if they were a part of the brand's successful years.

Edited by wood_jl

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered it on Barnes and Noble. The website says it will be out Sept 10th, Monday. Hope that is accurate.

Unfortunately, no. We don't have anything to do with Barnes and noble, and they made up their own date. Amazon is the only place we've been working through. It will be very soon, but not the 10th.

With all the time on layout changes forced on us, we've taken the time to add some bonus material that everyone is sure to love. The book has also been driven over 700 pages now!

Just ordered it on Barnes and Noble. The website says it will be out Sept 10th, Monday. Hope that is accurate.

Unfortunately, no. We don't have anything to do with Barnes and noble, and they made up their own date. Amazon is the only place we've been working through. It will be very soon, but not the 10th.

With all the time on layout changes forced on us, we've taken the time to add some bonus material that everyone is sure to love. The book has also been driven over 700 pages now!

want this very much but NO amazon, can I ordr direct?

Barnes and noble have it for pre order as well

Thanks! ordered it!

I don't see it on the BN site. Can you send a link to it?

Thanks,

B

Well I just got an email stating BN was unable to complete my order and it is cancelled. I'm assuming it is no longer on the site. All this after sending me an email last night stating my order was ready to ship today.

Don't order from Barnes & Noble, I don't know how they are listing our book since they aren't even on our distribution list and the distribution list doesn't go active until its available through Amazon and we authorize Amazon through Createspace to extend selling outside of the Amazon system, so Barnes & Noble is not a valid place to be ordering your books from, plus I love the gall of B&N, the book isn't even out and they have it for 33% off too, no one gave them any discount authorization either, we have the discount codes and they are valid through Amazon only....

Don't order through B&N

Thats probably because somebody at B&N screwed up, they aren't even an authorized seller of the book yet and can't be until WE authorize Amazon to sell outside of the network.

Well I just got an email stating BN was unable to complete my order and it is cancelled. I'm assuming it is no longer on the site. All this after sending me an email last night stating my order was ready to ship today.

Don't order from Barnes & Noble, I don't know how they are listing our book since they aren't even on our distribution list and the distribution list doesn't go active until its available through Amazon and we authorize Amazon through Createspace to extend selling outside of the Amazon system, so Barnes & Noble is not a valid place to be ordering your books from, plus I love the gall of B&N, the book isn't even out and they have it for 33% off too, no one gave them any discount authorization either, we have the discount codes and they are valid through Amazon only....

Don't order through B&N

They're probably listing the book because you registered the ISBN. Once they have an ISBN and publisher's price they can do what they want with it. If anybody actually orders from them they'll eventually say they cannot get the book and cancel the order.