IGNORED

Work In Progress: "Bentley Bear: Crystal Quest"

PacManPlus

Actually, I mean something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/You-Rock-YRG-1000-Controller-Electric/dp/B003DC78FW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347456853&sr=8-1&keywords=MIDI+Guitar

Something simple, relatively inexpensive, but will let me play what I know (I'm more of a Guitarist than a Keyboardist)

But, that will have to come later. I'll stick with the keyboard I have.

Once I am done with this app (it's for Windows with .NET framework 3.5). Is there any interest in other people using it?

Bob

Actually, I mean something like this:

http://www.amazon.co...rds=MIDI Guitar

Something simple, relatively inexpensive, but will let me play what I know (I'm more of a Guitarist than a Keyboardist)

But, that will have to come later. I'll stick with the keyboard I have.

Once I am done with this app (it's for Windows with .NET framework 3.5). Is there any interest in other people using it?

Bob

Could you add support for BatariBASIC music engine DATA statements? It looks like the information your program collects could be converted..

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-vbb.html#music_and_sound_editor

Edited by theloon

Ok, so I've decided to post a new WIP.

This WIP contains:

- all levels

- some sounds (although you can only hear them in the ProSystem Emulator - not on the real thing)

- warps

- secret level

For this WIP, the 'continue' option has been disabled.

What I have left:

- Ending (I'd like to make a good ending, but believe it or not I don't have that much 'code space' left).

- Background music for each level + title theme

- Sound effect for 'hurt' Bentley

- Background 'Invincible' theme

Let me know what you think!

Bob

Bentley.A78

BentleyP.A78

• Like 2

For a bin, just strip off the header with any hex editor. You'll see where it says "ACTUAL CART DATA STARTS HERE."

edit: er, nevermind. It's as easy to do as to say. I don't want to step on any toes, but I hate to see someone wait, so here ya go:

Bentley (9-22-12).bin

Edited by KevinMos3

Hi Guys:

Sorry - I should have wrote this:

The left difficulty switch handles the one/two button joystick configuration. Please be aware that it only checks at the start of each turn.

The right difficulty switch handles the order of the buttons (whether 'a' jumps and 'b' fires/runs, or 'b' jumps and 'a' fires/runs)

Kevin - thanks for posting the bins, it slipped my mind :dunce:

Bob

For a bin, just strip off the header with any hex editor. You'll see where it says "ACTUAL CART DATA STARTS HERE."

edit: er, nevermind. It's as easy to do as to say. I don't want to step on any toes, but I hate to see someone wait, so here ya go:

Bentley (9-22-12).bin

On a 144K rom I don't think stripping the header is enough. Some of the banks are actually reordered. Maybe this still works on a CC2?

-Jeff

Hi Guys:

I was running into some space issues with Pokey Sound (becuase I wanted to include all four channels - and I wasn't even up to the background music yet), so I switched gears and created the TIA Sound version before going back to Pokey.

This version has TIA Sound (which didn't come out too bad, actually), the 'Continue' option enabled, and a half-ending.

Let me know what you think.

The only bad thing about using TIA, is I only have one channel open for background music (i.e. single-note tunes).

• Like 1

Looks like this under MESS 0.147

post-18-0-10948700-1348969154_thumb.png

That color bar is Bentley jumping.

No title screen music (If there is suppose to be), no background in-game music, but there is a jump sound effect.

EDIT: There is a sound effect when you pick up a jewel as well and a sound medley when you die...Which was pretty fast for me considering all enemies are invisible. Bentley remains invisible until you jump, then you turn into that color bar.

Edited by Trebor

oops - sorry about that

Fixed binary here.

No - there is no title screen music yet, nor any background music. I need to finish the ending (just add text congratulating the player) and background music (single-channel) for each level and the title screen.

EDIT - Sorry guys, one more replacement. Had an issue when all five enemies were on the screen, things got corrupt. :(

Fixed.

Bentley.A78

Bentley.BIN

BentleyP.A78

BentleyP.BIN

Very cool thanks for the update, Bob! My very humble two cents...

Sound effects are good, melody at the end of the level is very good. One exception - the jump sound of Bentley. I cannot get out of my head "Adventures of Tron" on the 2600 every time Bentley jumped; I literally pictured the game.

I will not deny that I rather see TIA support excluded from this title as I believe it dimishes the overall game. Again my very humble two cents.

Regardless, if the TIA sound is definite, perhaps a tweak to the jump sound can be made (?)

I hate picturing "Adventures of Tron" when playing this game (Though "Adventures of Tron" is one of my favorite 2600 games)...lol.

Here's a sample play through of "Adventures of Tron":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5REMPBoO-4

Lots of jumping - The sound is near identical to Bentley...Driving me nuts :grin:

Edited by Trebor