IGNORED

Last 3 games you played?

Ultra Sun is a cool game- i was a little skeptical when i picked it up since i had already completed the first Sun, but man they packed a lot of stuff in the new version.

Yea I don't think I'll need to get another Pokemon game for my son ever again. I suspect he'll be playing Ultra Sun up until Pokemon are no longer cool. He's not too good with games as he's still in same town with the Yokai Watch 3DS game. He just likes catching / collecting Yokai and with huge pile of Yokai coins I picked up at Toys"R"Us for pennies on the dollar he'll be scanning coins for new Yokai for a very long time. He needs help with some of the puzzles and storyline with these games as his reading is just a little behind, so it's a slow pace. At least he showing a good work ethic and effort to read.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 1

SUPER ZAXXON

STRATOVOX

SPACE ODYSSEY

all arcade

Wow Russell this post took me back because I remember playing each of those BITD and loving them!

I played Super Zaxxon at the arcade in the Mall. I was very happy for a sequel.

Stratovox was the only game in our Safeway store at one point in time in the early 80's. I'd play it while my mom shopped. I remember a checker talking about hearing the voices in the game and thinking she'd lost it the first time she heard them...She comically put her hand up to her forehead and said "Overworked?"

And Space Odyssey was my favorite game to play in the upstairs arcade at Casa Bonita! Every time I was there! It's the only place I ever saw that game.

Edited by GoldLeader
  • Like 1

Wow Russell this post took me back because I remember playing each of those BITD and loving them!

I played Super Zaxxon at the arcade in the Mall. I was very happy for a sequel.

Stratovox was the only game in our Safeway store at one point in time in the early 80's. I'd play it while my mom shopped. I remember a checker talking about hearing the voices in the game and thinking she'd lost it the first time she heard them...She comically put her hand up to her forehead and said "Overworked?"

And Space Odyssey was my favorite game to play in the upstairs arcade at Casa Bonita! Every time I was there! It's the only place I ever saw that game.

I also have distinct memories of each game.. Super Zaxxon I saw at an arcade that didn't last long, that was just about 4 miles or so from where I currently live. I also remember it being part of a sweepstakes you could enter to win either a SUPER ZAXXON, PENGO or STAR TREK cabinet through a Halfsies cereal promotion. Here's the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGliODdPFbc

Stratovox I didn't see until well after its release-- it wasn't a hugely popular game, kind of an oddity. I saw it around 1985/86 at either an Aladdin's Castle in Vancouver WA or the Gold Mine in the Sea-Tac Mall in the Seattle Tacoma area. Didn't play it but liked the "We'll be back" voice sample.

Space Odyssey I saw at a Chuck E. Cheese in either Beaverton (not far from where I currently live) or Vancouver, WA. It may have also been at a 5 and dime store in Progress Plaza in Tigard OR. Wow, that's going way the hell back!

• Like 1