IGNORED

This has been bugging me for a long time

I've been trying to find out the name of a DOS game for years, but with no luck.

It's an educational game, and from what I think I remember, you have to do money-based problems in order to get to a special minigame.

In the minigame, you play as a little man who has to go around a little maze collecting coins, sort of like Pac-man. However, the ghost of Blackbeard (?) is chasing after you and it can actually go through the maze walls.

While you're going through the maze, purple coins will pop up, and you need to collect as many as you can before time runs out. They're for bonus points.

After you collect all the normal-colored coins, the exit opens up and you need to leave the maze. After you do that, you beat the maze. It says You Win (Or 'Game Over, I don't remember) on a flashing screen with a big skull.

After the win screen pops up, there's a little message that says that Blackbeard's ghost went back to it's grave (or something along those lines), and then you do more of the plain old problems.

I've been itching to find out what this game is so I can play it again, I haven't so much as HEARD about it from anyone for years now. Thank you!

@CTF@

There were a bunch of these types, that tied normal math to an "arcade-like" game. The school district I was in got about 4-5 of the disks from this one company that allowed the games to be used on a trial basis (aka timed) where math questions either powered up a ship (for a gradius-like experience) etc, and the better the player did on the math, the more weapons, fuel etc they had. It even had a "God-mode" challenge if you wanted to try it, was like 50 math problems in 60 seconds for unlimited everything, but precisely no mistakes had to occur.

They knew how to hook us back then, as for the one you mention, I never came across it, sorry.