IGNORED

Manos: the hands of fate

By the way, as we're speaking about a game based on a very bad movie, how many MST3K fans are around here ? :D

Robot Roll Call !

(I'm in France, and quite lonely when speaking about MST3K or making a reference to it , nobody knows it :_( )

• Like 1

Big MST3K fan here. What would be cool if someone made an NES cartridge for this game. They could put on a fake LJN label that harkens back to the Jaws and A Nightmare on Elm Street games.

I'm a huge MST3k fan, I frequently refer to it as "The Greatest TV Show in the History of Western Civilization". I've been to numerous shows of RiffTrax and Cinematic Titanic, and even the distant cousin, Master Pancake Theater. I have nearly the entire show on DVD, legit releases when I can get them and... ummm.... well, I have some episodes that don't fit that category as well. I freaking LOVE this show!

• Like 1

By the way, as we're speaking about a game based on a very bad movie, how many MST3K fans are around here ? :D

Robot Roll Call !

(I'm in France, and quite lonely when speaking about MST3K or making a reference to it , nobody knows it :_( )

ME! I am a HUGE MST3K fan and everything related including RiffTrax / Cinematic Titanic/ The Film Crew etc. I have every episode of MST3K, several RiffTrax and Cinematic Titianic and even have a Facebook MST3K Group here : https://www.facebook...maximumrdmst3k/

Fans or people just discovering it check out THIS page, it was MST3K Heaven when I discovered it, dedicated fan base, forums and best of all break down descriptions, ratings and links to just about every episode to watch online: http://www.club-mst3k.com/

Funny thing I only discovered MST3K a few years ago, never knew about the original run, not sure how I missed it but these days I will re-watch episodes sometimes just let them run in the background, there is nothing like listening to these guys Riff on horrible B-movies !

I am dying for the ANDROID release of that Manos game ! :-o

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, I'm a huge MST fan! I remember seeing a handful of episodes during the original run, but I really started getting into it in a serious way after I "rediscovered" the show about two years ago. I've got about 40 episodes in my collection so far, including some of the really old KTMA shows, which are very interesting to look at now. Some of my favorites are: Space Mutiny, Hobgoblins, Monster a Go-Go, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, and several of the Bert I. Gordon films (mostly because they were usually paired up with some great shorts).

I also follow the two "spinoff" projects, Cinematic Titanic and Rifftrax. I have all the CT releases (except Rattlers, which is out of stock at the moment), and I've got a bunch of Rifftrax MP3 commentaries and VOD releases. My favorites of these are probably Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny from Rifftrax, and also the live riffs of Alien Factor from CT and Jack the Giant Killer from Rifftrax. All highly recommended!

• Like 1

Okaaayyy :)

I changed my avatar to the one I use on every other forum I'm registered on.

Yeah, Crow T. Robot ;)

I really discovered MST3K 5 years ago while I was in my "crappyshittyawful" movies period (right after my Godzilla&Mothra&Gamera period, so I stumbled a few on some MST3K'd versions at the time), when I had a copy of the MST3K version of... MANOS. :D

Since then, I order every DVD pack released... with a preference for MST3K episodes dealing with japanese movies.

French customs do like me, as I pay import fees each time...

I'm also into Cinematic Titanic, but not really into Rifftrax...

I miss the "visual" interactions there is in CT and MST3K.

And as I'm a foreigner not so fluent in English, I'm always happy when I finally understand a joke I never understood before (because of my lack of knowledge of then-current events).

Thanks to Joel, I discovered Gallagher and Gilligan's Island :D And a lot of awful movies.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Another hardcore MST3K fan here! I went to the Rifftrax screening for Manos a few months back and to my utter disbelief almost the entire theater had sold out. I couldn't believe it!!! So yeah, there are a lot more fans of this show out there than you think. And to their credit, the Rifftrax crew didn't recycle a single joke from the previous episode, and it was just as funny as the original! BTW, does anyone know if this will be coming to Xbox Live or PSN?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...