IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

It's kinda like Fire Emblem with only 6 characters instead of 60. And the story is typical Clancy-ish cold war stuff. But I like the diverse scripted missions a lot, that's quite refreshing after playing X-COM, with its generic soldiers and its randomly-generated missions. It's certainly not a perfect 10 like Fire Emblem, but still a solid 8/10 in my book :)

Never played any of the Fire Emblem games. X-COM: Enemy Unknown was one of the first PC games I bought, and I played a heck of a lot of it in high school. I've tried to dabble in a few other "tactics" style games, but I really missed how X-COM let you build bases, research and manufacture alien technology, etc...even if I was really bad at keeping my funds in the black =|

Only really been playing Bravely Default on my 3DS. Up to about 90+ days according to the game time now? Occasionally I will play some Streets of Rage or another quick VC title I've downloaded to my 3DS. But mostly Bravely Default!

Never played any of the Fire Emblem games. X-COM: Enemy Unknown was one of the first PC games I bought, and I played a heck of a lot of it in high school. I've tried to dabble in a few other "tactics" style games, but I really missed how X-COM let you build bases, research and manufacture alien technology, etc...even if I was really bad at keeping my funds in the black =|

I love X-COM old and new, hope you didn't get me wrong here. It's just that I generally prefer fleshed out characters with real personalities over the generic "soldier". That's the major thing I'd improve in X-COM. Actually I was hoping the restart of the brand would go some more in that direction. Maybe in a sequel.

And Fire Emblem - you should try it. Personally I'm somewhat spoiled by the newer iterations, so I can't wholeheartedly recommend still playing the GBA ones or the DS game nowadays. My advice would be starting with the Cube iteration, then the Wii one and then Awakening :)

• Like 1

My advice would be starting with the Cube iteration, then the Wii one and then Awakening :)

...would be a lot easier for me to play the GBA/DS ones... ¬_¬ I also have an NES flash cart, IIRC that one's been translated.

I played Advance Wars for a while. It seems neat, but I'm not very good at it.

I've been playing a ton of Super Street Fighter IV on my 3DS. The combos mapped to the touch screen really help me as I'm not too good at pulling off combos but still love Street Fighter. Mighty Switch Force is also a good retro style puzzle platformer on the e-shop. It is very fun. I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Something bugs me about the 3DS store.. how do you find something like Space Harrier without "searching" for it? i.e. Where would you find it if you were browsing? Seems I cant find stuff like that anywhere unless I specifically enter a query for it.. and I would like to simply browse the wares :P

Edited by NE146

• 2 weeks later...

I also bought an eShop card, but it was to get the DLC for Fantasy Life on day one. I'm lining up for Smash Bros with Christmas money this year, and perhaps another game or two for the holidays. But right now, even Animal Crossing has been put aside for Fantasy Life.

Also planning on getting back into Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, which I never finished. :(

• Like 1