IGNORED

What are you playing on 3DS?

Since this was too good a deal to pass up, I picked up a Nintendo Selects title, "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time". I spent some time during the N64 era playing this game, and I figured for $20, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to play it again. Seems like a brand new game...considering I've forgotten all about it in the last decade or so. :?

Somebody may have mentioned this, but as of last week all of the Sega 3D classic games were on sale (roughly half off).

If you dont own them you really should and I'd suggest going with Streets of Rage 2, Sonic 2, Out Run and Super Hangon if you want to only get a few.

Since this was too good a deal to pass up, I picked up a Nintendo Selects title, "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time". I spent some time during the N64 era playing this game, and I figured for $20, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to play it again. Seems like a brand new game...considering I've forgotten all about it in the last decade or so. :?

I played Ocarina for the first time in 2008, but 3D still feels new to me, too.

Be sure to take advantage of the in-game hint system if you need it.

Somebody may have mentioned this, but as of last week all of the Sega 3D classic games were on sale (roughly half off).

If you dont own them you really should and I'd suggest going with Streets of Rage 2, Sonic 2, Out Run and Super Hangon if you want to only get a few.

Yeah also the Sega Classics collection is coming out end of this month.. looking forward to getting a bunch in one shot. Hopefully we get the 2nd collection as well

nIlM6qZ.jpg

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1

I played Ocarina for the first time in 2008, but 3D still feels new to me, too.

Be sure to take advantage of the in-game hint system if you need it.

Yes, this is a *good* feature for a gamer such as myself, who frequently seems to forget what he has to do next. Thank you for the heads up about it, though!

• Like 1

Yes, this is a *good* feature for a gamer such as myself, who frequently seems to forget what he has to do next. Thank you for the heads up about it, though!

I agree. And while Navi has always been there to nag you about what you're supposed to do, the hint system is also nice go give a you a push in the right direction, particularly if you pick the game up after a week or so and forgot what you were supposed to do, without having to go to zeldadungeon.net.

I have been hooked on Super Smash Bros. ever since I was a wee lad stomping my brother as Donkey Kong on the Nintendo 64, but just Friday, I ejected Super Smash Bros. for 3DS for good and traded it in to my local shop. Like, I love playing Smash Bros. with friends, on the couch, where we can rib and rage with each other and collectively freak out when crazy stuff happens, but playing SSB4 online just made me too dang angry. It was unhealthy, and I wasn't having fun, but kept going back because I figured "okay, this will be the time I enjoy myself." So I decided to just get rid of it. Anyone else understand?

In the interim, I haven't really been using my 3DS for anything other than Mii QR codes for that new Miitomo app Nintendo put out. I did start replaying Pokemon: HeartGold a while back, but I haven't touched it in weeks for some reason.

Hm. Polygon says Summer of 2016...but I keep seeing end of the year 2016. So yeah, I must have seen the Amazon site in passing with the month of December. Sorry about the misinformation. Nintendo just said "2016", so no definitive date.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing some Fantasy Life this weekend. I like going back to it now and then.

What do you think of this overall? I'm curious about other's opinions on it. I personally liked the game play and style. Seemed like there was a lot to do and reminded me of Animal Crossing to a certain degree.

What do you think of this overall? I'm curious about other's opinions on it. I personally liked the game play and style. Seemed like there was a lot to do and reminded me of Animal Crossing to a certain degree.

I like it, I consider it a basic RPG with crafting and class switching. Something you can pick up and play anytime and not have to necessarily re-learn how to play. It also doesn't beat you over the head with difficulty or anything like that. Perfect for casual play etc. I actually bought a second digital copy so I don't have to dig around for the physical card.

One thing that I like about it is the life (class) switching which allows you to make your own stuff......and then of course sell it for tons of dosh (money). I often find myself just doing that if I don't feel like doing any quests etc.

Some of the companions you take with you help a whole lot too and are pretty interesting. Also I haven't tried it yet but it has an Animal Crossing like friend system where you can visit your friend or he can come to you and you can also trade stuff.

Great game, wish it was talked about more around here. :P

edit: One thing I don't like about it and its very minor: Holy crap is there tons of unnecessary dialog. I love reading but it can get really overwhelming in this game with all the chatter especially from Butterfly.......click A, click A, click A, click A........

The reason I ask it's on my "to get" list for this coming month, so I'm debating over a few games and which one to pick up. My budget is limited, so usually only one game purchase a month is the allowable amount, but I'm having a tough time deciding which one. Bravely Second is on my radar, and since I played and loved the first one, I wanted to get the sequel.

However, Fantasy Life is also a good game, and when I owned the system before, I had a copy of it with the DLC. I'm just not sure which one I want more for the coming month. Toss a coin, perhaps? They are both great games...so either way I'll just have to put one off for purchasing later on. Thanks for your insight, however. Especially the part with the dialog. I remember how tedious that can be at times.

I also agree that I wish it was talked about more around here. Seems there is a good amount of potential for the game and it's contents to keep RPG/action fans quite happy with the diversity of stuff going on. Maybe we should start our own discussion group? ;)

Edited by Triforce
  • Like 1

The demo for Bravely Second is intriguing. I've decided to start playing that more and complete the quests to see if I really get into it, and so far that's a resounding "yes". However, Fantasy Life is still running a close second place. Toward the end of the year, when Dragon Quest VII comes to the states, I will be snatching that up. I'm not sure what else Nintendo has lined up for the 3DS, but I'm assuming there won't be as much due to the imminent NX release.

There's a good Nintendo-themed Humble Bundle on now.

I hope they add some more 3DS games, because Rhythm Thief was the only one I didn't already have.

And Citizens of Earth, but that one only lets you purchase the WiiU version OR the 3DS version, so I chose to get it on the big-screen.

Just picked up Xenoblade again after a long break. I love this game.

I might have to get that, now that's it's on the WiiU for $20. Still not sure if I'll like it, but I guess I'll never know if I don't try it.

Edited by Asaki

I was pleasantly surprised to find a used copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening at GS the other day, so I picked it up (and applied a 20% off used games coupon). Surprisingly good, excellent story and the characters are very likable. This is a nice addition with Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. So I guess you could say I'll collect Conquest this year and probably the DLC Revelations to go with it.

I've shelved this game for now and went back to Bravely Second. Time to focus on one game at a time (shocking thought). ;)