IGNORED

The ROM Generator

AtariGeezer

The ROM Generator is a combination of my Ultimate1MB and Incognito ROM Generator programs.

This is a Win32 application which means it does not require any additional libraries or run-time-interpreters in order to work, just what is natively included with Windows. It runs on Windows 95, 98, ME, 2K, NT, Vista, XP and even Windows 7 and maybe Windows 8 as long as Microsoft still supports the Win32 functions :)

This will also run on a Mac or Linux PC as long as you have Parallels or Wine installed... :)

If you think you found a valid bug or have an idea for an additional feature, please post your suggestion here... (*except for that mentally deranged person*)

The ROM Generator.zip

Jay

• Like 3

The ROM Generator is a combination of my Ultimate1MB and Incognito ROM Generator programs.

This is a Win32 application which means it does not require any additional libraries or run-time-interpreters in order to work, just what is natively included with Windows. It runs on Windows 95, 98, ME, 2K, NT, Vista, XP and even Windows 7 and maybe Windows 8 as long as Microsoft still supports the Win32 functions :)

This will also run on a Mac or Linux PC as long as you have Parallels or Wine installed... :)

If you think you found a valid bug or have an idea for an additional feature, please post your suggestion here... (*except for that mentally deranged person*)

The ROM Generator.zip

Jay

What is ultimate1mb and incognito? What's the program do?

What is ultimate1mb and incognito? What's the program do?

The ultimate 1mb is a memory card that install into the Atari line of computer xl,xe,xegs, with 4os selections, 4game selections and the rest you cant read in the following thread...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/192930-ultimate1mb-new-preorder/page__st__400?do=findComment&comment=2561758

The Incognito is an atari800 card that goes into slot 1 of the 800 replacing all cards easily available. And has a flash rom 'BIOS' that controls whether the machine acts like an 800 or 800xl/xe, with 4 memory options of the xl. with a CF card slot similar to the SIDE cartridge.. Well for the rest you can read this thread...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/199490-incognito-board-preoder/

The ROM Generator.zip

Jay

Where can we get the original U1MB ROM from so we have something to start with?

Feature request: graduated fills in the UI, a help screen with a snide caveat about the GUI slot, and other pointless crap. :D :D :D

What makes you believe that everybody wants to load your crap (now, how's this for a snide caveat!!) in that ROM space !....

Personally when I am in need of moving some windows from one screen location to another, I'd rather do it on my PC with Windows 7, and it doesn't take me more than a year (or two?) to do it. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Edited by atari8warez

(*except for that mentally deranged person*)

Jay

I can see that you are implementing all the fixes for the bugs that this "mentally deranged person" found in your so called Rom generator (a bug generator would have been a more appropriate name). Interesting that you are doing the fixes in a very hush hush sort of way . Be a man and stand behind your bugs..... ;)

You and FJC just keep provoking me... I like the challenge....who knows I might even add an Incognito Rom Builder of my own, nahhh it would be too easy to copy and paste code and call it an added feature (and in your case, an added feature with the same bugs) :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :o

Edited by atari8warez

You and FJC just keep provoking me...

It's obviously working, judging by the nasty scattershot-insult retorts. :D You were interested enough to start an ill-advised poll about the GUI... one's left wondering about the motivation behind that.

I too can drag stuff around in Win 7 in seconds, let alone years... big whoop. Try writing the OS from the ground up in QT and see where that gets you.

The reason I think most people want my crap in the designated crap space is that the guy whose project it is (Candle) told me that's what the crap space is for. I've got even more space for even more crap on the C816 board. 93,000 topic views say this is a popular decision.

Anyway... glad to hear you're challenged.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 1

It's obviously working, judging by the nasty scattershot-insult retorts. :D You were interested enough to start an ill-advised poll about the GUI... one's left wondering about the motivation behind that.

What's so ill advised about asking people whether they want a disk version?. Besides, you said "not likely" and that was the end of it, I don't remember me dwelling on that subject anymore... if you were left wondering about my motivation behind that poll, I would say you simply became paranoid.... but now after these conversations I am thinking that a disk version would be enough to drag some windows around after almost 3 years of development... And before commenting about my "nasty scattershot-insult retorts", I would suggest to recheck your postings about my crap!!

Try writing the OS from the ground up in QT and see where that gets you.

What's the point of spending 3 years (and probably another 3) to finally have a barely working GUI (not an OS as you suggested) when I know that nobody will ever seriously use it. I know a lot of those people who go "Wow, that's amazing" will only try it once and then file it away.

The reason I think most people want my crap in the designated crap space is that the guy whose project it is (Candle) told me that's what the crap space is for. I've got even more space for even more crap on the C816 board. 93,000 topic views say this is a popular decision.

Well don't kid yourself, number of topic views doesn't mean a lot, lot of people are curious, but curiosity does not directly translate to adoption. And you were wrong assuming that ROM spaces was reserved for you, after you cried enough to Candle he verbally told you that you can use that space, on the other hand official U1MB guide does not mention GUI and officially that space is open to anything that the user may find worthwhile having. Can you blame me for going by the official documentation when I write my own ROM Builder software? IMO you can't, but you do it anyway...

Edited by atari8warez

[b]	[font="Trebuchet MS, sans-serif"]Ultimate1MB FLASH Chip Memory Map[/font][/b]

[font="Trebuchet MS, sans-serif"]0x000000-0x03FFFF SDX[/font]
[font="Trebuchet MS, sans-serif"]0x040000-0x04FFFF Reserved for GUI[/font]
[font="Trebuchet MS, sans-serif"]0x050000-0x053FFF BIOS code space[/font]
[font="Trebuchet MS, sans-serif"]0x058000-0x05FFFF PBI driver (each bank is padded to full 8k)[/font]
[font="Trebuchet MS, sans-serif"]0x060000-0x067FFF BASIC slots[/font]
[font="Trebuchet MS, sans-serif"]0x068000-0x06FFFF 8k GAME cartridge (Missle Command)[/font]
[font="Trebuchet MS, sans-serif"]0x070000-0x073FFF 1st OS slot[/font]
[font="Trebuchet MS, sans-serif"]0x074000-0x077FFF 2nd OS slot[/font]
[font="Trebuchet MS, sans-serif"]0x078000-0x07BFFF 3rd OS slot[/font]
[font="Trebuchet MS, sans-serif"]0x07C000-0x07FFFF 4th OS slot[/font]

this is cut out of official guide

and frankly, i have enough of reading that kind of posts

anyone doing something more than posting some mock-ups or screen shots should be not treated like this

even if what one does are only mock-ups then it shouldn't be the case

if you find it amusing to go on like that i'll simply add you to my ignore list, so i could not look at all that vicious vendetta you're posting here

• Like 2

I honestly have to admit that all the flaming I have seen on AtariAge the last weeks has decreased my amount of Atari Fun seriously. It s*cks and I try to ignore most of it, and I skip most of the crap I have seen from a few members, but still... I really had to write this. Sorry, it is offtopic, and not helping either... but MAN ... I hate it.

this is cut out of official guide

and frankly, i have enough of reading that kind of posts.....

anyone doing something more than posting some mock-ups or screen shots should be not treated like this

even if what one does are only mock-ups then it shouldn't be the case

if you find it amusing to go on like that i'll simply add you to my ignore list, so i could not look at all that vicious vendetta you're posting here

You haven't quoted a message so I am assuming you're talking to me. You are wrong on several fronts:

- First and foremost you are wrong thinking that I am hostile to you. I have no problems with you whatsoever, yet you keep posting messages to insinuate otherwise. Talk about FRAGILE EGOS here....!!!.

- Vendetta!... get real and open your eyes a little and stop protecting your senseless sidekicks. Atariage has thousands of people but it's always the same jokers who attack people. Did I provoke anybody to turn yet another thread into junk?, just check the beginning of the thread and see who are the culprits. They ASK for it and they GOT IT.

- Mock-ups, heh, yeah they are pictures of a real software my friend, and only those who appreciate quality will get it, others who can live with hacker style bug ridden software know where to go to get their fix.

- You're tired of reading this shit?, you have the freedom of not reading it. Do you want to block me.... sure go right ahead and do it, see if I care... I only care about people who I have respect and honestly you are not high on the list with your attitude towards me....

- And you are WRONG on the subject of oficial documentation as well. Unless you have hidden the latest version of it for your sidekicks, this is what I downloaded from your website. I don't see GUI mentioned anywhere...... besides even if it was, people have the freedom to load whatever they want there...it's not like we can't live without a GUI demo.

post-15627-0-88860400-1346368290_thumb.png

Edited by atari8warez

I honestly have to admit that all the flaming I have seen on AtariAge the last weeks has decreased my amount of Atari Fun seriously. It s*cks and I try to ignore most of it, and I skip most of the crap I have seen from a few members, but still... I really had to write this. Sorry, it is offtopic, and not helping either... but MAN ... I hate it.

I agree, I wish the Mods could put him in a *timeout* for a month ;)

Jay

you're making this thread into junk, and several others i know of

i'm far from saying that you're hostile to me, but it is obvious that "you know better" and that "you can do better" and are here to tutor all those litte people of the ways of mighty Ray

sorry, this is the end, ingore list was just expanded

you're making this thread into junk, and several others i know of

i'm far from saying that you're hostile to me, but it is obvious that "you know better" and that "you can do better" and are here to tutor all those litte people of the ways of mighty Ray

sorry, this is the end, ingore list was just expanded

Whatever.... if you're blind enough not to see the truth that's not my problem... at least don't lie about something that didn't exist as if it did..... I haven't got an answer to my question, are you hiding the docs for your "elite" sidekicks? This is all anyone can see as OFFICIAL Documentation and GUI is nowhere to be found, so FJC should be glad I even mentioned it as an option.

And yes, your other sidekick challenged me to do my own Rom Builder and I am doing it, and yes better. That doesn't mean I am the great Ray, far from it. Have you ever seen me boasting about AspeQt, whatever I do with that I just leave it to people to make the decision, and I don't mean a handful of know it alls, the Atariage people in general.

Edited by atari8warez