IGNORED

The ROM Generator

AtariGeezer

I honestly have to admit that all the flaming I have seen on AtariAge the last weeks has decreased my amount of Atari Fun seriously. It s*cks and I try to ignore most of it, and I skip most of the crap I have seen from a few members, but still... I really had to write this. Sorry, it is offtopic, and not helping either... but MAN ... I hate it.

I agree, I wish the Mods could put him in a *timeout* for a month ;)

Jay

Or make him stay in the Jag forum for a month :) He'd fit in better.

Speaking out of first hand knowledge I suppose... ;-)

Yeah - Jag owner since 95. Tend to avoid the forums and discussions though. More fun to play the games than it is to argue.

Speaking out of first hand knowledge I suppose... ;-)

Yeah - Jag owner since 95. Tend to avoid the forums and discussions though. More fun to play the games than it is to argue.

Yeah I see your point, at least the Jag does not start crying foul like a baby when you beat it in it's own game ;)

Edited by atari8warez

Ray, you seriously need to seek some professional help, and I don't mean the hooker/gigolo down on the corner, but then again in your case, that may be what you need ;)

Is your anger towards everyone steamed by some hatred due to your upbringing (not being breastfed, neglected by your parents), being molested as a kid, dropped on your head too many times on purpose (that could be the cause of your mental disorder)...

You seem to be offending someone new everyday, before too long, you won't have anyone to talk to :grin: :grin: :grin:

Jay

What's the point of spending 3 years (and probably another 3) to finally have a barely working GUI (not an OS as you suggested)...

You should perhaps divide that figure by three. The project began in earnest in January 2011, and most of the second half of that year was spent writing SIDE soft-drivers, PBI ROMs, and assorted APT software which supports a number of compliant hard disk interfaces, not to mention a VBXE version of a word processor. The PBI drivers are ongoing too, so let's call it fourteen months at the outside.

As for not being an OS: I suppose pedantry is a useful last resort in these increasingly desperate circumstances. The distinction between coding what is commonly if inaccurately described as a Graphical Operating System (Diamond GOS, anyone?) on a 6502 and attaching event code to some attractive dialogue boxes using a modern IDE should nevertheless be self-evident, and is all I wished to highlight, given the apparent redundancy of writing a second application which ostensibly performs the same task as another, but yet doesn't compete with it. Perhaps there's an inherent personal challenge or some ego-development opportunities in this undertaking... that's fine, but your defensive reaction to my perfectly legitimate and good-humoured request for some frivolous cosmetic amendments to AtariGeezer's utility speaks for itself. ;)

I now eagerly await implementation of the much anticipated SDX-compatible PC folder mounting in Aspeqt. That should be a nice challenge.

Did I provoke anybody to turn yet another thread into junk?

You personally turned the thread into junk the moment you wandered into it, joined up some dots, and started mouthing off. I see no explicit references to you in the early posts (unless you answer to the name of "crazy person" and recognize elements of your own software projects as "pointless crap"), and have witnessed no unwelcome critiques posted on the thread you started about your own ROM Builder.

• Like 1

but your defensive reaction to my perfectly legitimate and good-humoured request for some frivolous cosmetic amendments to AtariGeezer's utility speaks for itself. ;)

1. Don't insult our collective intelligence please.......

I now eagerly await implementation of the much anticipated SDX-compatible PC folder mounting in Aspeqt. That should be a nice challenge.

2. Keep waiting, you will get it in due time.... hopefully not in 3 years ;)

You personally turned the thread into junk the moment you wandered into it, joined up some dots, and started mouthing off. I see no explicit references to you in the early posts (unless you answer to the name of "crazy person" and recognize elements of your own software projects as "pointless crap"),

3. Did I already say: Don't insult our intelligence please.......

Edited by atari8warez

You should perhaps divide that figure by three.

To the detriment of other overdue projects, I'm experimenting with the basics of a new GUI system for the 8-bit. The mouse handler is just about finished (the reason this is taking so long is because the mouse is drawn in bitmapped graphics rather than using a PMG, and this necessitates extra work to ensure it always remains visible even when the underlying app is drawing to the screen), and everything else should keep me busy for the next six months or so.

Above quote circa December 2009, and that wasn't even the beginning as you say "mouse handler is just about finished"..... In about 4 months you will be celebrating your 3rd anniversary... Congratulations....

Here's the original beginning

Edited by atari8warez

I agree, I wish the Mods could put him in a *timeout* for a month ;)

Jay

Hi Jay, and others,

Let me first say that I really appreciate what people do for the atari 8bit scene. I think FJC is a real atari 8bit code-genius, and candle is a true hardware genius, creating upgrades who really make a difference... well at least for me. Jay is doing a nice job with his ROMGenerator, and you are really helpful in other situations too. So thanks!

To me personal -honest- atari8warez is never rude, and he has done real cool things too. In that way I really appreciate him too. (But I hate his stupid personal attacks here in public)

When I wrote this:

I honestly have to admit that all the flaming I have seen on AtariAge the last weeks has decreased my amount of Atari Fun seriously. It s*cks and I try to ignore most of it, and I skip most of the crap I have seen from a few members, but still... I really had to write this. Sorry, it is offtopic, and not helping either... but MAN ... I hate it.

I was speaking about 'from a FEW members'

I did not mean 'only' atari8warez! I have seen and read things here, man what a bunch of kids. It reminds me of the time I was a kid, and my brother was really bugging me; I kept responding ofcourse, so in the end he and I both got punished and locked in our rooms for a time-out haha. My mother always told me to be the 'wisest' and ignore all of his bugging (well ok, that was easy said for her)...

But now I feel the same. Ok I have to admit, atari8warez is typing things I think: OMG Ray please stop responding, you really don't know when to sh*t up. But when I see how other people keep feeding him, this will never stop. In that light I think candle knows how to respond best. He sticks to the facts, and gives a small note where you can read his irritation about this.

But AtariGeezer and FJC... when I read this thread, you asked (almost litteraly) for this. And even worse: some of those real jerky posts got thumbs up too? This illustrates why I am not so happy anymore with atariage. I hope everyone here (yes you too atari8warez!!!) can and will stop this.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop this. Perhaps you can do this for me :D ... I would be VERY thankful!

THANKS!

Marius

Edited by Marius1976
  • Like 3

@AtariGeezer: that is exactly my point. You can also chose for not responding. But by keeping this going, you are responsible too. And again, when I read THIS thread from post #1 till end, I see enough 'subtile' not so nice jokes or pointing toward a8warez, which explains WHY he responds. I'm not judging, and I'm not telling who is right or wrong. And indeed my eyeballs sometimes fall on the floor when I read what a8warez writes... but my point in my previous post is, that not only a8warez is responsible for all this crap happening on atariage. And the only think I asked for was to stop it.

So if this means AtariGeezer that you make the choice NOT to respond to anything a8warez posts (whatever that is), than I would be VERY thankful to you.

Greetz

M.

• 1 month later...

This update checks for a SDX signature and BIOS signature in both ROM Generators, plus Ultimate1MB also checks for a PBI signature and Incognito checks for a SIDE/HDD signature. As it turns out, the PBI and SIDE signature are in the same location so Be Careful NOT to mix these up :)

When you save the Main ROM, the caption of the TitleBar will show the saved filename instead of in each slots' last file name used...

The ROM Generator.zip

Jay

The latest ROM for U1MB is here: http://www.atariage....50#entry2602166

I'll post the new Incognito ROM after the Incognito boards are sent out ;)

Thanks for that, what about the SDX and UI roms that the Rom builder asks for, not looking for the incognito rom.

Again, thanks for the help.

Ignore (apart from the thank you)...wasn't up to speed..

Edited by Mclaneinc