IGNORED

Atari Flashback 4 Review

The prices seem all over the board. I would not pay $40 at Dollar General or $59 on atgames' website, when Kroger has them for $29.99 and Toys R Us will be dealing them for $25.

I only wish at least one store sold the deluxe system with paddles includes, or sold the spare wired sticks and paddles separately.

The prices seem all over the board. I would not pay $40 at Dollar General or $59 on atgames' website, when Kroger has them for $29.99 and Toys R Us will be dealing them for $25.

I only wish at least one store sold the deluxe system with paddles includes, or sold the spare wired sticks and paddles separately.

You can definitely save some money with BF deals. I live in a small town, so I didn't want to take a chance of missing out on the FB4

Well the Flashback 4 when I saw the ad in Bed Bath and Beyond was exciting for a bit. Wireless controllers.. now that seemed something worth looking into.

Apparently reading the last 7 pages of this message the wireless controllers are terrible, cheap feeling, and don't work unless directly lined up.

Why IR? Why not a Bluetooth setup? Anyway....

.... has anyone figured out if you can hack a cartridge port to it, like on the Flashback 2?

There's nothing to figure out. As was already stated, these weren't designed by us (Legacy). Both the FB3 and 4 are custom emulators done by AtGames. They're not hackable.

Glad such facts were apparently obvious to everyone else. Haven't cared about the Flashbacks since the 2nd one. Only cared about this one due to the wireless controllers.

Ignoring the delivery of your message I'll simply say, thanks for the information. :)

• Like 1

Toys R Us and Dollar General are having them for $25 on Thanksgiving.

After reading your post, I just bought one from a DG in NE Minneapolis(3 in stock), for $25. It was in boxes behind the cashier's counter(had to ask for it). Mr cashier guy was fascinated with it.

Thanks for the tip. I said I wouldn't buy one(these Flashback 3s on up aren't much diferent than the 2), but for $25, I'll bite.

An employee at Bed Bath and Beyond told me they sold out at every one of their stores in the region within the first hour and a half of going on sale. They must be doing pretty well. Did anyone ever find out which game is the extra one?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/205214-atari-flashback-4-bonus-game-what-retailergame/

• 3 weeks later...

IR is very inexpensive, especially next to Blutooth, that alone would've added $10 or more to the cost of the product design, so for the sake of cost savings, AtGames went with IR as the better route, but honestly the IR thing really doesn't add much benefit to the overall product, they would've been better off just keeping wired controllers and packing in a set of paddles to add value to the overall product.

I've discussed the design issues with their joysticks and the root cause of why they feel the way they do, so they know what the issue is, however this was well into their production of the product, so most likely that made 10's of thousands of the controllers with the current design that makes them feel the way they do, so they would want to use up that quantity first before investing in doing a design change.

Well the Flashback 4 when I saw the ad in Bed Bath and Beyond was exciting for a bit. Wireless controllers.. now that seemed something worth looking into.

Apparently reading the last 7 pages of this message the wireless controllers are terrible, cheap feeling, and don't work unless directly lined up.

Why IR? Why not a Bluetooth setup? Anyway....

.... has anyone figured out if you can hack a cartridge port to it, like on the Flashback 2?

I wouldn't reccommend ordering anything directly through ATGames. I submitted a preorder back in September for a pair of paddles supposed to ship "mid november". I still have not received them or my money back. They do not answer my mulitple emails and anytime you call they conveniently send it straight to voice mail.

An employee at Bed Bath and Beyond told me they sold out at every one of their stores in the region within the first hour and a half of going on sale. They must be doing pretty well.

They still have em...you just have to check in the "Beyond" section of the store! :D

You shouldn't buy one anyway because....

post-29022-0-32372400-1356285859.jpeg

(for anyone needing clarification, see here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/206719-please-help-me-determine-which-flashback-4-games-may-be-a-bit-violent/page__st__50)