IGNORED

S/XEGS Ram Cart 128KB by C.P.U. team

santosp

This is a really kewl cart..

BTW, if anyone is planning on using this as a cart development system, here is what it takes to make a 128k S/XEGS image run from eprom on a standard XEGS supercart:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=203482

Edited by MEtalGuy66
  • Like 1

Can someone please put - into one or two sentences (easily understandable) - what is special about this cart, as opposed to, say, the Atarimax carts? I may be interested, too! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has the option to have a small battery backed up RAM disk.

@wood_jil

Basically is a dedicated XEGS cartridge (32-64-128 Kb), who also load 8 and 16 Kb rom carts.. After, I see cause the maxflash load only up to 8 Kb *.rom files.

Also its price! Complete 1Mb maxflash with programmer kit cost about 85$.

But finally, each one serves its purpose. :)

Edited by santosp

Can someone please put - into one or two sentences (easily understandable) - what is special about this cart, as opposed to, say, the Atarimax carts? I may be interested, too! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a RAM cart that is compatible with the XEGS bank-switching scheme. AtariMax/SIC-cart/etc. have other bank-switching schemes that are incompatible with the XEGS bank-switching scheme.

Thus this is the only currently available programmable cart that can be used to play unmodified rom-images of XEGS games.

Since this is a RAM cart it is easier and faster to program than a Flash-based cart. Therefore it would also be a good solution for software developers that want to develop cart based software and test it on real hardware.

Also, this cart could also be used a RAM disk (with special software) that keeps its contents when the computer is off.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An update to all. Finally I have ready to ship 48 devices. Please the interested members proceed to payment as to ship that the soonest possible! ;) And so help me to proceed also to the next project... :)

-As a remind.

-Cost per device is 22 euro.

-Shipping to anywhere in the world per device is 3 euro as simple, or 5.5 euro as registered with track number.

-Paypal fee is plus 4% of the total payment, Including postal cost.

-If you choose simple postal method, you must add a note to Paypal cause "Seller not respond if my item arrived broken, or never arrived". In other case I will refund the payment directly.

- If you pay with Paypal "AS A GIFT" option, not need to pay any Paypal fee.

-Every RamCart will be shipped with a game preloaded, as to check its good working condition.

Thank you all for your support to my projects. :thumbsup::)

picture0041600.jpg

Edited by santosp
  • Like 1

Dear members, before you pay anything, please communicate within P.M who I sent you, so to avoid any mistakes on the total amount of payment.

Mike you pay me 2 times the shipping cost. I will refund to you 4 euros. Shipping cost for second (2 devices), is 1 euro plus, 5.5 + 1 = 6.5 euro total.

@venom4728a

I will send you within p.m. :)