IGNORED

Classic gaming trading cards

I have a good friend that is big into sports cards. Talking about cards with him the other day reminded me of these Donkey Kong trading cards I saw a while back. While looking into those I found Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, and Nintedo trading cards. This makes me think there were more out there. I have seen cards that looked like the belong to another arcade set or something that just didn't fit with the other listed collections. Oh, I think I found a set that was all from Dragon's Lair too.

Anyone here into these? Am I missing any sets that I should be looking into? I am sure I'm going to pick some of these up sooner or later. If nothing else I do love me some Donkey Kong.

here's the ones i know of:

Topps:

Donkey kong- 1982

Video City - 1983

Nintendo - 1989

Sonic the Hedge Hog- 1993

Fleer:

Pac-Man- 1980 /1982

Ms. Pac-Man- 1981

Super Pac-man - 1983

Dragon's Lair- 1983

Upper Deck:

Street fighter -1994

Skybox:

Super Mario Brothers Movie- 1993

i think some of the rarest cards were the ones included in the worlds of power books.

http://en.wikipedia....Worlds_of_Power

Edited by raskar42

When I was a kid I was obsessed with the Nintendo trading card set, that wasn't really 'trading' cards but like scratch off lotto tickets. Too bad they weren't randomized, because once you had the same card twice, you could just use your old one for a cheat sheet. Not like you could win anything anyway though. Plus they ca,e with stickers. I remember as a kid my copy of Double Dragon for the SMS was second hand and it only had a black case, the insert was missing and the clear plastic that would have held in place ripped away, so I used all my Double Dragon stickers and made a collage for the box art. too bad the stickers have long since peeled away... if it still had the clear plastic on the case that would have helped the stickers...

Actually, that would probably be a very simple flash program (simple for people who can program flash anyway!) to have scans of the cards you would 'scratch' to reveal the good/bad outcomes, only since it's a computer program it COULD randomize what was under each shiny layer, only unlike real life you don't have the added fun of getting that silver crap out from under your nails and trying to sweep the shavings off the table.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...