IGNORED

SHIPPED: Atari 2600 Red Sea Crossing

Atari4You

I am personally looking forward to playing this...for instance, I wonder if there are any easter eggs to be found in this game??? It would be neat if, for reasons yet to be discovered, perhaps the words CHARLTON HESTON flash on the screen at some point during the game!!! :lolblue:

• Like 2

I am personally looking forward to playing this...for instance, I wonder if there are any easter eggs to be found in this game??? It would be neat if, for reasons yet to be discovered, perhaps the words CHARLTON HESTON flash on the screen at some point during the game!!! :lolblue:

Or what if the dumped rom produced nothing but some screen text - "Thou shalt not steal"

• Like 1

Speaking of easter eggs and hidden messages, what do the numbers on the cart mean?

LOST-esque... Scripture?

This is there one and only game! Why 321430?

Conspiracy therorists unite!

• Like 1

Speaking of easter eggs and hidden messages, what do the numbers on the cart mean?

LOST-esque... Scripture?

The programmer claimed it had no significance, but who knows. It must have something to do with the impending end of the world.

LOST-esque... Scripture?

3 * 2 + 1 - 4 - 3 = 0

or

Exodus 14:30 NIV version "That day the Lord saved Israel from the hands of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians lying dead on the shore." If the game came out in 84, he was 32 at the time and maybe that is where the first two digits come from.

I think the 32 is possibly a reference to Exodus 3:2 which is about Moses "There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up." Although people have said that Steve wasn't religious when he made the game, he had at least some basic familiarity with Exodus apparently.

32 = Moses

1430 = Red Sea

• Like 1

I think the 32 is possibly a reference to Exodus 3:2 which is about Moses "There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up." Although people have said that Steve wasn't religious when he made the game, he had at least some basic familiarity with Exodus apparently.

32 = Moses

1430 = Red Sea

Interesting. Thanks.

I'm interested in a reproduction of the original label. The new label looks like a kid drew it. When i bought this reproduction i expected the cart to look like the original but with a newer glossy label with "reproduction" listed on the label. I don't expect you to use the telesys style cart, but it saddens me to see you make label nothing like the original. I love you man for letting us own this piece of atari history but you should listen to the fans we love retro and want it to look retro.

So if anyone know where I can buy or print my own labels to look like the original cart PM me. thanks.

I'm interested in a reproduction of the original label. The new label looks like a kid drew it. When i bought this reproduction i expected the cart to look like the original but with a newer glossy label with "reproduction" listed on the label. I don't expect you to use the telesys style cart, but it saddens me to see you make label nothing like the original. I love you man for letting us own this piece of atari history but you should listen to the fans we love retro and want it to look retro.

So if anyone know where I can buy or print my own labels to look like the original cart PM me. thanks.

Albert said he would do it. I would prefer the label to be an identical copy with REPRODUCTION within the screen shot under Moses in the light grey ground area with the text the same dark grey color as the border and with a similar font that was used in the copyright section. That would make it obvious that it is a reproduction to prevent fraud and wouldn't distract from the original look. If Albert would sell me a label like that and if Atari4You has any carts left then I would make a purchase.

The new label looks like a kid drew it.

Maybe the coloring on the label looks like a kid colored it. This is done in a way that it looks intentional and thematic. But, if my kid could produce a drawing like the base art, I would have them applying for all sorts of art school scholarships.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about my emotional reaction to it not being what I expected. I've been thinking about how Atari4You probably felt about my reaction not being what he expected. I've been thinking about how blessed we are that this game is being released and preserved. I've been thinking about how I was looking at it just as a potential customer and not as a member of a community. I've been thinking about all the passion that went into creating this new set. I've been thinking about how much Atari4You paid for the game and even if everyone in this thread bought a whole set it wouldn't cover the cost. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've been looking at this all wrong and should support this 100%. Thanks Atari4You and those working with you. I couldn't find the pricing but I would like to purchase one complete set and one extra cart to make into a reproduction cart(I may even take off the label to do the magnet cart idea). Please PM me the total and I'll pay ASAP before the deadline. Thanks.

• Like 4

UPDATE: I wanted to let you know that the deadline for ordering any of the items connected to Red Sea Crossing, including just the carts, is less than 24 hours. I want to wrap this project up so that I can move on with other things. Moreover, I need to give the manufacturer a final count so that they can focus on finishing the product. If you are interested, please check out post #1 for cart information and for the other items (box, manual and coloring page), please PM me. Again, the deadline is Sunday, 11/4/12 at 11:59 pm PDT.

If you have any other questions, please PM me as well.

Thanks.

Edited by Atari4You