IGNORED

Lynx to VGA

candle

Same here and i've not done too bad career wise, there's an aweful lot to be said for determination and self belief. The academic route is not all its cracked up to be - not enough practical and too much theory for me.

That's what I like about being in an Engineering Technology program rather than an Engineering program. Yeah, we have to learn the theory, but we spend a hell of a lot more time in the lab actually messing with the stuff and figuring things out for ourselves than those who are in traditional Engineering programs.

see, and i have only high-school finnished...

Heh, the most complex thing I had done with a logic circuit prior to starting this program was to build a simple address decoder so I could interface a 512K SRAM chip with my PCjr. I probably could have figured out more on my own, but in this area, you can't really get a job in the electronics design industry without a 4-year degree.

Yes, it depends what route you want to take. There are plenty of places that would employ you based on experience alone but these days it can be harder to get that first proper job in order to get the experience to start with, at least unless you are qualified.

I never did a degree in Electonic Engineering, yet i've repaired numerous items (PC's, laptops, monitors, power supplies, LNB's, audio amps, car stereos, etc etc) for people that HAVE a degree in Electronic Engineering - I kid you not!

That says a lot for practical vs theory in the repair sector.

well

i wasn't able to do much today because courier came after 6pm - quite late, and i was pretty tired, but at least i can show you this:

DSC02915.JPG

DSC02916.JPG

DSC02918.JPG

DSC02919.JPG

somehow mouting holes don't have right dimensions - they supposed to be 2.7x5mm slots, pcb house did it the other way around

but i can fix it with a washer....

belive or not, but this is almost fully assembled unit - only one part is missing

rest of empty spaces are for "economy" version, that appeard to be not so economy anyways

Sebastian

• Like 8

Defiantly nice. Like candle said, it looks like the video out is on top of the board (when holding Lynx upright) and could be left in without cutting open a port in Lynx shell for people who only wants new LCD and not TV out feature.

With the replacement LCD, there will be some empty space between LCD board and the main board. That leaves a fair bit of extra room for other mods. Including my hack to add PSX controller support to Lynx here: http://atariage.com/...nsoles-cheaply/

made yet another minor adjustment, any PSX and PSOne in digital mode should work now. Earlier my PSOne dual shock wouldn't work at all, only the original digital controller. It won't work with PS2 at this time but that's probably due to difference in timing or something, I haven't bothered to add PS2 support anyhow as I have about a dozen PSOne controllers to play with :D

EDIT: I did a quick peek at PS2 library, the data is different than PSX controller. Which means I'd either have to merge the 2 libraries and add a routine to try and detect if it's PS2 or older controller or make a separate PS2 only support. Blah I'll stick with PS1 only support

Edited by Uzumaki

This is looking great here! :) Thank you.

Uh,my only concern is,I think,that it is also starting to look rather expensive and most folks haven't recognized that fact yet...... The boards look fantastic!The screen looks really great installed and seems to fit very well,too.Just my thoughts are that this is looking like only a thing a diehard Lynx owner like me out there would want to do a Lynx unit they have.Also,most Lynx owners I've run into don't even know how to open up or service their unit(s) like I have done for myself and others that have asked me to service or clean theirs.Just a thought. ;)

The componentry is looking a little on the side of the Neo Geo Gold or the PSVITA and may scare many folks off with the complexity of it on the surface.Many may want a turn-key unit from Best Electronics,B&C ComputerVisions,Video 61,Songbird or from Tursi to avoid personal hassles but,there you're starting to get into a retail environment and you'll be starting to limit your audience quite a bit from a selling standpoint.A $150/200 dollar premium on top of a new or reconditioned Lynx unit will be more than most folks shopping with B&C and etc.will probably be willing to swallow to get a supposed Lynx 2.5 or whatever here.It won't be a problem for us Do-It-Yourself types out there like me. ;) Most aren't that type of owner/user in my experience though with Lynxes or other units out there.After the prototyping stage things may change some on this but,I think we'll need a run of at least 500 units if a productioin run happens from Tursi (or someone else) to make this a viable thing for all to swallow that could potentially buy a kit or a ready made unit.Just my 2 cents worth on a pretty nice project so far. :) :ponder:

Edited by chris_lynx1989

toolset required to fit this upgrade is:

1) screwdriver

end of list

okay, i'm a bit streching here

truth is, you need two screwdrivers - philips size 2 and philips size 1...

First you say one screwdriver, then you double the requirements! That's just going too far!

:lol:

• Like 4

toolset required to fit this upgrade is:

1) screwdriver

end of list

okay, i'm a bit streching here

truth is, you need two screwdrivers - philips size 2 and philips size 1...

Yes,I know that fact,man. :) ;)

That fact is,most folks out there are machanically inept about many things. ;) Have you not noticed?Most are not Do-It-Yourselfers out there on things like me and you. :) I'm not afraid to tear down a car or a Lynx or a VCR or whatever is needed to get it done and serviced.Why do you think service centers exist for in or out of warranty items? ;) Most people have no idea what to do or where to start on their stuff. :) Many also don't care or want know how,either. ;) :)

Yes,I know that fact,man. :) ;)

That fact is,most folks out there are machanically inept about many things. ;) Have you not noticed?Most are not Do-It-Yourselfers out there on things like me and you. :) I'm not afraid to tear down a car or a Lynx or a VCR or whatever is needed to get it done and serviced.Why do you think service centers exist for in or out of warranty items? ;) Most people have no idea what to do or where to start on their stuff. :) Many also don't care or want know how,either. ;) :)

Subtlety is dead.