IGNORED

Price Check: Sega CDX Bundle

mtshark7

My game store I go to has this Sega CDX bundle (see pic) and they are selling it with an additional two extra games for $150.

It also has the original Sega CDX power supply, and the controller I never seen before that is a registered Sega controller.

I'm thinking about picking this up before it's too late...Is this a good deal for that price?

post-29663-0-37327600-1348663125_thumb.jpg

I thought the Sega CDX was a really neat unit, back in the 1990s, and I used to have one. Sold it since I only played carts anyway.

Sorta missed it in later years, but MANY of the ones I"ve seen don't work anymore - and I'm talking about he CD part. I don't know if they were dropped, worn out, defective, or if ol' Father Time simply went to work on them. MAKE SURE THE CD PART WORKS before you buy one. That probably means buying (or burning) a Sega CD title to test it with - thoroughly.

Busterm: I dunno…I think I agree with ppl above who said it was a good deal. The 6 button controller is unique cos it includes a turbo and slow button; it’s not the traditional 6-button controller we all know and love. I also got 4 games with it. My friend who sold it to me also said that the official CDX power supply is hard to come by as well.

Colecohitman: Sorry I ended up buying it. Thanks for the offer tho. Wow I wish I had thrift stores around my way that had stuff like that for cheap!

Now I have a total of 3 sega CD’s: Model 1, Model 2, and CDX. Hopefully that's it! lol

Also another reason I ended up buying it is cos of how small it is and simple to hook up.

Honestly who is to say what something is worth. It really comes down to did you get it for what you are willing to invest in it. We have all over paid and underpaid on items to collect but if we are happy with out purchase that's all that matters.

Going off the pic the controller looks like a MK-1470 these are fairly common. I agree the official CDX power supply is hard to come by but these are not commonly sold with out psu on ebay. But any Input: 100-240V AC Output: 9.5V 1.6A will work.

Congrats on your new purchase. Now just get your self one of those X'eye's and you will be set =P

• Like 1

Yeah, the controller isn't worth much at all, but I think the package is reasonable considering the carrying case. That's an official CDX-embroidered case. Can you get the exact same one at GameExpress, or is it just a generic one there?

The one i ordered form them last year was the same case. Though it was cheaper last year $9.99. They raised all their prices over the past year, but im pretty sure its still the same listing.

busterm: That's true. Dohh! I totally forgot about the X'eye! Aww man! Meh I don't need that...I think 3 Sega CD's is more than enough, haha ;) I would pick it up if either I got one for free somehow, or got it for dirt cheap....like $10 lol

thegamezmaster: Thanks! :)

Yea the X'eye is a neat kit, awesome sound, though to really make your collecion POP you gonna need that awesome Pioneer Laserdisk modual haha

busterm: Hmm that's pretty neat about the sound. I would hope the sound is great considering it's a JVC product, lol.

Also I noticed with my CDX that the sound is waaayy better than both model 1 and 2 sega CD.

I'll admit the x'eye does look neat, but what would I do with 4 sega CD's? I think it's bad enough I already own 4 atari 2600's.

I may think of selling one of my atari 2600's.

The one i ordered form them last year was the same case. Though it was cheaper last year $9.99. They raised all their prices over the past year, but im pretty sure its still the same listing.

Nice. I couldn't find the listing last night on my phone, but it looks like it's under the "accessories" section on the Genesis tab. It's $16.99 now which seems more than reasonable. I'm going to snag one for myself (bought a CDX from a member here a ways back but it didn't have the box).

Are these brand-new with the outer boxes?