IGNORED

Super Game Module now available for order

opcode

Sigh... unfortunately I couldn't get an agreement with the printer to have everything reprinted, so I am now looking for another printer. As I said, I won't compromise. I found a very large printer here in MA, probably I am going to pay them a visit sometime this week.

The problem with the boxes and manuals are the result of a very costly mistake I made, as I neglected requesting hard copy proofs, something that would have allowed us to spot the problems before we had everything printed. I will assume all the losses. Lesson learned though....

Anyways, hopefully it won't delay us more than a couple of weeks.

Problem is, I ended with nothing, except for the samples. I paid $1,000 in advance, then we couldn't get an agreement on reprinting, so I refuse to pay the balance. Very long story, and a sad one too... But again, I will take full responsibility for the loss...

So that you guys know, I couldn't reach an agreement with the printer to have the box reprinted, despite my best efforts. So I will be moving to another printer. I will have a meeting with them next week to have the whole process started. The good news for you guys is that since I am already financially screwed, I have decided to pay to have the modifications to the game catalog and hope to print everything with this new printer.

The bad news is that the SGM has now been officially delayed until January 2013. Yes, it is very disappointing news, and believe me, it pains me that I couldn't make it to the console's 30th anniversary. On the other hand I wanted to get it 100% right. You guys saw the box. It looked great, but the barcode was missing, so it isn't perfect. I lost 1,000 bucks on that, but I don't care, I want the damn thing perfect.

Hope you guys understand. Hopefully we can have the module by mid January or something.

[Edit]: BTW, I am on negotiations with a new designer to work on the club magazine. Previous designer wasn't working, after months nothing was coming out from that, so I decided to look for someone else. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is going to work this time around.

Edited by opcode
  • Like 3

So that you guys know, I couldn't reach an agreement with the printer to have the box reprinted, despite my best efforts. So I will be moving to another printer. I will have a meeting with them next week to have the whole process started. The good news for you guys is that since I am already financially screwed, I have decided to pay to have the modifications to the game catalog and hope to print everything with this new printer.

The bad news is that the SGM has now been officially delayed until January 2013. Yes, it is very disappointing news, and believe me, it pains me that I couldn't make it to the console's 30th anniversary. On the other hand I wanted to get it 100% right. You guys saw the box. It looked great, but the barcode was missing, so it isn't perfect. I lost 1,000 bucks on that, but I don't care, I want the damn thing perfect.

Hope you guys understand. Hopefully we can have the module by mid January or something.

[Edit]: BTW, I am on negotiations with a new designer to work on the club magazine. Previous designer wasn't working, after months nothing was coming out from that, so I decided to look for someone else. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is going to work this time around.

Thanks for the delay confirmation, Eduardo. At least people won't need to keep their fingers crossed. ;)

I should point out that this changes nothing where my upcoming Team Pixelboy games are concerned: All 8 games will be released on Christmas, as initially planned.

So keep in mind that Dragon's Lair, Zaxxon Super Game, King's Valley and Thexder will make sexy paperweights until the SGM is released. If you have an ADAM computer, then you'll be able to play Dragon's Lair and Zaxxon Super Game without the SGM plugged into the ADAM memory console. (King's Valley and Thexder require the SGM on both the regular CV console and the ADAM).

• Like 2

thanks for the update on the printing. How is the beta going in general?

Beta for the NTSC version is done. No glitches found with the latest rev, rev E. In fact it went into manufacturing last week, we should have the assembled boards in a couple of weeks I guess. We are now working on the PAL version (testing that).

Cases had a small delay during transportation, according to Fedex tracking I should get the 260 cases tomorrow.

Foam is all set, waiting for prototype. Looks nice from pictures. Our fellow AA member Ben helped me with that.

So yeah, the only missing piece of the puzzle now is the printed stuff, box, manual, catalog and nameplate, all delayed because of the problem with the original printer.

Eduardo

• Like 1

Kickstarter campaign for Eduardo's box issues anyone? Or Paypal donation efforts from all backers? If we all come together, it might only be $3-$4 per person.

I am up for it! I agree that Eduardo shouldn't have to eat that $1000 all by himself. Even we were to raise half of that, it would still help offset his troubles. Where do we begin?

• Like 5

We begin with a list of names. Those who can truly commit to this. I don't want to start the KS or PP process unless we have 75% or so, of interested parties. But we can't make a nice editable list here. Only in a Marketplace thread or we start a group PM. Otherwise it'll be a messy thread. I guess too, we could ask Albert if we could make an editable thread here in Opcode Games.

• Like 2

Guys, thanks or the generous offer but no need to send me extra money. I am sure I can make my money back on future runs of the SGM. In fact my total deficit for the first run is going to be far more than $1,000, as I underestimated printing, which was originally going to happen in China, by some $3,000, so I would say my total deficit is going to be something like $4,000. That means 250 orders total to break even instead of just 200.

Eduardo

Guys, thanks or the generous offer but no need to send me extra money. I am sure I can make my money back on future runs of the SGM. In fact my total deficit for the first run is going to be far more than $1,000, as I underestimated printing, which was originally going to happen in China, by some $3,000, so I would say my total deficit is going to be something like $4,000. That means 250 orders total to break even instead of just 200.

Eduardo

A-aah! So that means you'll have to do another run of SGMs sometime next year! Hopefully you can get enough extra pre-orders to justify another run. :)

• Like 1

Beta for the NTSC version is done. No glitches found with the latest rev, rev E. In fact it went into manufacturing last week, we should have the assembled boards in a couple of weeks I guess. We are now working on the PAL version (testing that).

Cases had a small delay during transportation, according to Fedex tracking I should get the 260 cases tomorrow.

Foam is all set, waiting for prototype. Looks nice from pictures. Our fellow AA member Ben helped me with that.

So yeah, the only missing piece of the puzzle now is the printed stuff, box, manual, catalog and nameplate, all delayed because of the problem with the original printer.

Eduardo

Awesome!!!!!!!