IGNORED

Super Game Module now available for order

opcode

Bad news about paypal...

Paypal doesn't let me send international gifts and I don't know how to pay with checks from another country... :?

I think I would have to use an international credit card, which I don't like to use too often but I trust Eduardo and others from this comunity too.

Its been a long time since I used one (long before PayPal became a household name) but you should be able to buy an international money order in US funds. I can't remember the last time I used one or for what purchase but I know I used it at one time.

Check within your country, I'm sure you should be able to purchase one in Brasil in US dollars.

• Like 1

I live in Brazil so the second option is perfect! We avoid paypal fees and IRS.

Careful Ed... the IRS (the govt.) is likely to spend $500,000 dollars to investigate this kind of activity to net $50 in tax payments... :P :P :P :grin: while the 'guy' skimming millions gets no look...

Just search Youtube for gameplay video of the MSX version of "Stone of Wisdom". With the CV version being a direct port of the MSX version, it will look, sound and play exactly the same.

You mean none of these games are original homebrew and are merely MSX ports playable on ColecoVision? I thought I was missing out on something you couldn't get elsewhere. Well good to hear the MSX had a game like Zelda. Sounds like a good enough reason to look into that platform and there are emulators for it.

You mean none of these games are original homebrew and are merely MSX ports playable on ColecoVision? I thought I was missing out on something you couldn't get elsewhere. Well good to hear the MSX had a game like Zelda. Sounds like a good enough reason to look into that platform and there are emulators for it.

But then you would need to play the game in Japanese (on the MSX), and miss a lot of details.

But then you would need to play the game in Japanese (on the MSX), and miss a lot of details.

Yeah that's true. All I mean is that I can at least demo these games in that way and see if I like them. Usually the only time I buy repros or alternate versions of games rather than the originals is when I really really liked them and they go on my favorites list. For example I really liked the Japanese first King's Field for Playstation and beat it in Japanese regardless of the language barrier by using maps and a walkthrough. If somebody had been able to professionally make self-booting reproductions of that game with the English translation patch applied that would work on an unmodded PS1, PS2 or PS3, I would put money down for it in an instant, even if it cost a lot for it even though that can be burned for free. They say self-booting PS1 isn't actually possible but it's an accurate enough what-if scenario. The same thing here - I wanted to know for a while if there was a way to test these games out before buying and somebody finally gave me a clear answer. Yes I can. So yeah if I like the gameplay enough I might be interested in buying this stuff.

On a french Msx forum a guy started to translate it few time ago. I will try to find if it finally completed it. but there is chance the translation is in french...so it does not help here. :(

If he translated it in french, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to retranslate the texts to english. But I have to wonder if the guy took some liberties with his french translation compared to the original japanese texts.

Jaymiester... you just gotta learn how to laugh and not take everything you see posted as something other than playful ball-busting. I know that everytime that I wake up and look at myself in the mirror, it usually takes me about five minutes to compose myself and another five to explain to my wife what was so funny.

Wait a minute, I'm explaining myself to a "ball-buster" of equal skill to me!!! You remember, come on, I know you do... it has something to do with my BIG HEAD getting BIGGER! :lolblue:

• Like 2

Got confirmation from the printer, box and manual shipping next week. Sent money for the foams. Waiting word from Dale about the nameplate, but it should be coming next week too. So yeah, March 11th sounds like a very reasonable release date.

• Like 7

Time for an update:

- Boxes are done, should be shipped today (along with the manuals).

- Shipping boxes received.

- Nameplate - waiting update from Dale, but should be done by next week.

- Foam - paid for, waiting update from Ben.

Getting there...

• Like 7