IGNORED

I'm getting bored with my Apple II stuff

Keatah

Somebody asked about joysticks earlier. I've only used two kinds, a PointMaster through an Atari 9-pin digital to 16-pin analog adapter. And then a TG Products joystick.

The PointMaster was a pretty fast and positive-click-tactile made it all the better. It was cool. I would play with it sideways and upside down and standing on my head.And the TG stick, it was made from an RS project box and RadioControl model transmitter gimbal assembly. It was short throw (compared to others) and was thus almost digital in speed.

Both these were tough and well built, tough enough I'd bludgeon my siblings over the head when they took too long. But none of those two were as hefty as the WICO Command Control. WICOs were built using arcade materials. But the WICOs sucked (for me) they were like slushy and zero tactile feedback. You had no idea if you closed a switch or not. And because of that, you couldn't easily adjust to the lag present in some Apple II series games.

Edited by Keatah

• 2 weeks later...