IGNORED

Skunkboard versions

Marcer

[i think it's a white PCB]

This is correct.

Long story short, we did the pre-order for them to see how many we would produce, if any. There was enough interest to produce 100 (just barely), so started the gears turning. One chip, that was listed as "in stock" from the place we were ordering from actually was not in stock, and it was unknown if they would ever be remade. After a lot of trouble and legwork, we finally got them...

But we ended up with dual orders and 200 chips. In the meantime, we had sold out of the initial run and we had people asking for more. Just after the Rev 3 was shipped, we put into production the Ghost boards.

There is no production difference between the two of them other than the Ghost boards have a white PCB and the standard ones don't. All the components and functionality is the same. We had the option to make them a white PCB in the final run and named them "Ghosts", so we did because, "they weren't actually supposed to exist." They were ONLY produced due to the screwed up order.

You can also check the FAQ, here: http://harmlesslion.com/hl4m/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=330

What is the difference between Rev 1 and Rev 2?

-Rev 1 was a small board with a 4MB flash

-Rev 2 doubled the flash to 8MB, and has a wider board with 'ears' for mounting in a standard Jaguar case. It is black with a 'Skunkboard' logo on the silkscreen.

-Rev 2 also used slightly different parts in the power supply.

What is the difference between Rev 2 and Rev 3?

-The high voltage programming line was removed, which slows programming slightly and removes the need to use the '-w' switch on some Jaguars

-The JTAG header was removed from the board (the pad is still there)

As Dan said, the Ghost is electrically the same as the non-Ghost rev 3. Cosmetic changes only. :)

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 1

I want to grab me a Ghost (and some of the other gubbins) but of course I get hit up with $3.5K+ worth of various bills and crap over the next three or four weeks. *sigh* I hope I can find and / or spare the cash for one of these before they disappear *fingers crossed*