IGNORED

What cartridge repro you prefer?

santosp

Hello to all. ;-)

I think in the future to make some repro of Atari 8-bit computer cartridges. Also with the help of some to make a custom good quality long life decal, and why not the original manual of it. Of course for all that the final price must be the lowest possible, otherwise the whole project have no sense.

What is in your opinion a most wanted cartridge to begin with it? :?

There are a few carts that could 'use' a reproduction, although the needs are not very big.

1. Synassembler cartridge. This is a standard 8KB cart.

2. Mac/65 cartridge. This is the OSS Supercart; that could use a reproduction.

But for the rest, I agree with rdea6. There is (for me) no need for reproductions.

Well,

I would like to see all Atari 400/800 only carts reproduced as Atari XL/XE only carts :-D (e.g. Fort Apocalypse, Demon Attack, Gorf, etc.). It does not matter to me if those carts are common, rare or ultra-rare, they should work on my 800XL, thats it...

-Andreas Koch.

Hello santosp

Why not put a lot of "new" games on one cartridge, with a menu, like BigBen's MegaCart (no longer available):

megacart_480.gif

I'ld like to have Cubico on it, along with stuff like Mazezam and Ridiculous Reality to name but a few.

A cartridge with lot's of MultiJoy games would be nice too.

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

I agree with the OSS carts, they are going for crazy bucks on e-bay, look at this:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1809776624121?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180977662412&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$250 bucks for that, all other carts nothing less than $100

Sparta dos X $195 on ebay

while we're on the subject there's a Yoomp cart up:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1809946276111?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180994627611&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$250, really? the seller asks for a "strong offer"

How about the authors doing another run of Yoomp, I missed out last time...

Hello santosp

Why not put a lot of "new" games on one cartridge, with a menu, like BigBen's MegaCart (no longer available):

megacart_480.gif

I'ld like to have Cubico on it, along with stuff like Mazezam and Ridiculous Reality to name but a few.

Cubico ??? : try

http://www.atarimax.....php?f=4&t=1136

post-20761-0-97305700-1350219116_thumb.png

A cartridge with lot's of MultiJoy games would be nice too.

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by z1013

As I see everyone wants something different! :-D :P Now its time to open my new factory! :woozy:

Ok seriously now, I see cause the pcb of Synapse can accommodate one of the above titles.

Action!

MAC/65

Writer's Tool

Basic XL

Basic XE

Plus another idea was the Bounty Bob Strikes Back, with very strange bankswitching method and complicated custom ic rom.

None atari Cartridge can handle direct its original rom. But thanks to the efforts of Bernd Herale, this is possible using his own proprietary code of 2 Gals ic.

Already it has given me the permission to use it if I decide to make it. Pcb is already.....ready! :thumbsup:

A super cartridge with programming languages would be nice. One that holds all languages that were once available on cartridge or modified to run on cartridge, like MAC/65, ACTION!, BASIC XL, BASIC XE, SynAssembler, TurboBASIC, MicroSoft BASIC, Atari BASIC A/B/C, Pilot, Logo, etc...

I don't think this is the way you want to go as it involves several different bank switch schemes and there wouldn't be enough space on the label to list all the titles :-)

As I see everyone wants something different! :-D:P Now its time to open my new factory! :woozy:

Ok seriously now, I see cause the pcb of Synapse can accommodate one of the above titles.

Action!

MAC/65

Writer's Tool

Basic XL

Basic XE

Plus another idea was the Bounty Bob Strikes Back, with very strange bankswitching method and complicated custom ic rom.

None atari Cartridge can handle direct its original rom. But thanks to the efforts of Bernd Herale, this is possible using his own proprietary code of 2 Gals ic.

Already it has given me the permission to use it if I decide to make it. Pcb is already.....ready! :thumbsup:

A cartridge case that allowed for larger labels would be great Atarimax's carts lose half the space on the front that can be used for a label...

but going in another direction would it be possible (and cost effective)to have case made like the orange Carts with the OSS logo like this:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1709238253301?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170923825330&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I have a feeling after 3-D printing hits mass markets, there's going to be a lot of reproductions...

I would leave bounty bob alone, bill hogue still looks after the ip and is not happy about it being copied, just ask sal.

Having said that he is a really nice guy to chat to, maybe if you got his blessing first things could be worked out.

Bill Hogue has sold the rights of his work to some other company who make games for the cellular phones? if I remember right. This arose after a mail to him. So probably not him but the others is not happy about this. Although even bother with it!

To skip this, on my plans was to make the cartridge but without the eprom inside! Rom will sold separately as a spare part for original Cartridge. ;)

But all that was just plans, if ever happen.

Steve Tucker has already made an image for the 8Mb Atarimax Flash that contains the following as individual cartridges, it doesn't simulate stacked cartridges.

SDX 4.45 (the 1mbit build, modified)

Express!

Diamond GOS

MAC/65

Basic XL

Basic XE

Action!

Instant MyDOS

Instant SmartDOS

Disk Wizard II

Copy 2000

My Copier 2.1

Instant Translator

• Like 1

Hello z1013

It also has Crownload 128kB and Yoomb! plus a version of Loops, although not the same as the MegaCart by Bernd. The first two are on both carts. On each cart you have a couple of games you don't like. Conclusion: This cart is not for me.

@All: Did I mention that I'ld like Cropky on the cart too?

Sincerely

Mathy