IGNORED

10-17-2012 Found Air Raid with original box

AIR-RAID

Things always comes out in bunches. A commodore 128D never hit ebay in a long time. I put mine up, and 3 more popped up on eBay with ending dates before mine. All not tested except mine.

Now, a C128D is a lot more common than this, but this kind of thing happens. They try to draw the crowd away from the big auction to cash in.

The press continues. I just saw another huge traffic spike on GameGavel tonight and discovered where everyone was coming from. So far over 21,000 views for the Air Raid auction on GG. Lots more to come now that IGN has picked it up.

http://www.ign.com/a...yes-big-profits

Keep on the look out for a couple more very rare and desirable items, one of them for Atari collectors and one for Nintendo collectors, hitting GameGavel later this week!

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 2

Keep on the look out for a couple more very rare and desirable items, one of them for Atari collectors and one for Nintendo collectors, hitting GameGavel later this week!

Nintendo collectable? A gold Nintendo World Championships cart? Thor's Championship Mario trophy? That thing would look sweet on somebody's mantle...

gold-nintendo-champ-trophy-ebay-300x199.jpeg

Edited by stardust4ever

I wanted to give you all a heads up that I received an email from the highest bidder asking to have his bids retracted citing financial issues. We've made the adjustments and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place bidders were notified of this situation.

Edited by Parrothead

Shouldn't all his bids be removed then? I know they don't matter at the moment, but you never know. eBay is very bad in those situations because when someone retracts his highest bid, all the others stay in and the auction ends on the second highest bidder. This means that even though the previous high bidder doesn't want the item, he still forces the other people to pay his second bid price... That is not so in this case, but still he remains in there with a few bids.

We did remove all the highest bidders bids above the 2nd and 3rd place bidders. Rick63's high bid at the time was $15,750 so we are just $300 over that with the current bids in place.

Shouldn't all his bids be removed then? I know they don't matter at the moment, but you never know. eBay is very bad in those situations because when someone retracts his highest bid, all the others stay in and the auction ends on the second highest bidder. This means that even though the previous high bidder doesn't want the item, he still forces the other people to pay his second bid price... That is not so in this case, but still he remains in there with a few bids.

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

I had a bad feeling that the eBay auction would hurt the sale on GameGavel. It sucks that this happened, but at least the seller was honest enough not to wait until the end to retract and/or artificially inflate the price. I bid on an eBay auction once on a one-of-a-kind item (hand constructed mod) with a max bid of $80. It wasn't video game related, but it was one of my other niche hobbies which has a much smaller collector pool (twisty puzzles, eg Rubick's cube type logic puzzles with often exotic geometries). The current high bid was ~$30 bucks, and I placed a single max bid of $80. This raised my price to ~$50, and I would have won the auction, had I not been sniped in the last minute. I don't know if I fell victim to shill bidding or not, but the auction was won for $81. A couple days later, I received a "second chance" offer of $80 from the seller who informed me that the winning bidder had retracted his bid. I reluctantly accepted his offer, but ultimately ended up paying $30 more for the item that I would have if the bloke who retracted his bid hadn't placed it to begin with. I am glad that GameGavel cares enough about people to remove any offset created by the offers. Hopefully we get more bids in the final day, hour, minutes of bidding.

That said, it would still be cool to see a new Atari record set by this auction. That is another problem with eBay. You never really know if these some of these record-breaking $20,000-$40,000 NES actions were actually completed sales or not, unless the buyer or seller comes forward and publicly says so in a forum.

Edited by stardust4ever

The press continues. I just saw another huge traffic spike on GameGavel tonight and discovered where everyone was coming from. So far over 21,000 views for the Air Raid auction on GG. Lots more to come now that IGN has picked it up.

http://www.ign.com/a...yes-big-profits

60+ coin-ops among which is a nice Discs of TRON environmental cab - daaaaaaamn! I really want one of those. Sigh.

60+ coin-ops among which is a nice Discs of TRON environmental cab - daaaaaaamn! I really want one of those. Sigh.

It's the white whale for many collectors. They are out there but...

- expensive

- hard to transport

- will not fit in most houses

- more expensive to restore

- usually found not working and moderate to heavy damage

I totally understand though, I want one too!

Had a discs of tron environmental. It's cool but its also big and gets boring after you've played it a hundred times. Standard tron has more variety and also a cool cabinet (although admitedly not as cool as an Environmental DOT)

Took 4 friends to get it off the back of a pickup truck. It's not an easy one to move, that's for sure :)