Myide 2 for Atari 8 bit from Atarimax / mr Atari

fernando marrin

nobody can test ALL games ,all variations,all formats,

fine

lets get down compatibility to 97.264875553115558569 + %

if that's what makes you happy ;)

Unfortunately you feel offended.

You don't get my point, but that is ok.

MyIDE has an 'infamous' reputation. Sijmen and Steven Tucker are doing a wonderful job on creating something fabulous. You are enthusiastic about it, and you post excited posts about this nice upgrade. You seem not to understand, that making announcements like 'this will run 100% of the games' is not helping the 'MyIDE' getting a better/serious reputation. Serious!

People with a bit more knowledge, do immediately understand that this '100%' claim will never be serious. Sijmen would never claim 100% compatibility.

Qmeg OS (Another fabulous os) does not run 100% of the software. And like I write, the latest release of the standard XL/XE OS (the one with the 128KB memory test in the selftest in XE) is not 100% compatible.

I'm not into catching flies... and i'm not into some 'funny' percentage with a zillion numbers after the point. No. I only wanted to say: don't be foolish, and never claim 100% compatibility. At least if you want to make a serious message about this fabulous interface.

Unfortunately you feel offended.

You don't get my point, but that is ok.

MyIDE has an 'infamous' reputation. Sijmen and Steven Tucker are doing a wonderful job on creating something fabulous. You are enthusiastic about it, and you post excited posts about this nice upgrade. You seem not to understand, that making announcements like 'this will run 100% of the games' is not helping the 'MyIDE' getting a better/serious reputation. Serious!

People with a bit more knowledge, do immediately understand that this '100%' claim will never be serious. Sijmen would never claim 100% compatibility.

Qmeg OS (Another fabulous os) does not run 100% of the software. And like I write, the latest release of the standard XL/XE OS (the one with the 128KB memory test in the selftest in XE) is not 100% compatible.

I'm not into catching flies... and i'm not into some 'funny' percentage with a zillion numbers after the point. No. I only wanted to say: don't be foolish, and never claim 100% compatibility. At least if you want to make a serious message about this fabulous interface.

Wow

there's even a list of the games compatible/tested !

now i understand...

...why even if you were suggested,

were not given test carts.

pd:

My test system has an ultimate 1mb board installed,

so i have tested qmeg, and compatibility is lower,

but

yu may need somebody with "more knowledge" to assure it to you.

Where can we get the new studio (for existing owners)? Thanx!

Found it:

http://www.atarimax..../documentation/

The weekend sale and the special pricing seem to never end :) .... whenever I take a look at that page special pricing seem to be extended to the end of the current month... just sayin'....

Edited by atari8warez

Two of the issues with compatibility and MyIDE, that I don't think can be fixed due to the hardware design:

1. Games that don't use the OS keyboard routines, or bypass them: this makes switching disks via the MyIDE hotkeys impossible. Gauntlet used to be one of these (IIRC).

2. Games that use their own SIO routines, bypassing the MyIDE ROM SIO routines: Seven Cities of Gold for instance.

Edited by Shawn Jefferson

Two of the issues with compatibility and MyIDE, that I don't think can be fixed due to the hardware design:

1. Games that don't use the OS keyboard routines, or bypass them: this makes switching disks via the MyIDE hotkeys impossible. Gauntlet used to be one of these (IIRC).

2. Games that use their own SIO routines, bypassing the MyIDE ROM SIO routines: Seven Cities of Gold for instance.

they can be cracked to run from cart area, there are images of those games in the atarimax flash cartridge forums ;)

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=243

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=243

Fernando...

Although I wrote before not to spend one more word about this I will try one more time.

You simply do not understand the comments from others.

Those people are NOT looking for ways they can play their games!! They do explain what still serious design 'flaws' are!

It is no problem for me personally. I am very happy with myide. But it is not 100% perfect.

The limitation that images can not be swapped as soon as the Os is switched off (like also in the Brundles I mentioned before!) is a pity.

Try to understand THAT.

We are not looking for ways of running those games, since we already can run those games from original hardware like disk drives.

Ofcourse there always will be hacks. But hacks are not the right solution. It's nice to have hacks... but it is better to search for solutions the device will run those 'exotic' titles too.

I understand very well that the limits of what is possible are reached. MyIDE II is a fabulous interface, with incredible features. I can really recommend anyone to go using it.

Ofcourse there always will be hacks. But hacks are not the right solution. It's nice to have hacks... but it is better to search for solutions the device will run those 'exotic' titles too.

I understand very well that the limits of what is possible are reached. MyIDE II is a fabulous interface, with incredible features. I can really recommend anyone to go using it.

of course no device is perfect, i totally agree on that...

and

the limits of what is possible are nearly reached...

but

...The beauty of this one is that it offers 4 ways to run a program

so that if an "exotic" game does not run from myide area it can from other one, (like cart) ;-)

• Like 1