IGNORED

my new baby; an arcade stand-up centipede!

Godzilla

hope it wotks!

What a coincidence...I was cooking up some stir fry in my "wotks" this evening! :grin:

Best of luck with the new cabinet! Centipede is an awesome arcade game...tons of replay-ability! I hope for your sake it wotks too!

• Like 1

The perils of posting from my phone. Lolz! Lets see if i can get the picture to attach this time... Yea i LOVE centipedes game play so i sure do hope it works! There is a tag inside it that says 'led out 6t' hope thats not a bad omen. This cab is in great shape for 30+ years old really clean inside too...

post-1570-0-48366100-1351644229_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ahh that is a great price from a thrift. I've seen arcade machines at sallys before but usually its a golden tee marked @ $600 or some other rediculous amount. Best I saw was a 2-play off-road for $150, but I already have an off-road so I didnt buy it and those things are heavy.

Anyway welcome to the wonderful world of arcade ownership. Since you are in Jax you should drop by the Florida Arcade and Pinball collectors forum (http://www.villagebbs.com/forum). We have plenty of techs that can help with advice on getting it working.

Edited by number six

wooy! great advice! i eill give that a try! thanks. i hope im luckyn n its just a fuse or something simple. so far every arcade cab i bought i bought dead and got em to work pretty easily... i also have a phoenix cocktail a pleadies upright a nin playchoice 10 and a black cab that looks like it mightve been pacman w/ a turbo ms. mb in it. both ms. n pleadies monitors go out while playin, nin 10 works n d phoenix is dead n i havent looked at it (it was free from neighbors trash...)

Awesome machine. Monitor Cap kits, get all of them for every cab you own. Invest in a good Discharge device, watch some YouTube videos on how to safely discharge said monitor. Don't be nervous and get to work. Those monitors will stop shutting off after ten minutes. I can tell you from experience that the symptoms of turning off after heating up or working for a bit is almost always one of two things: 1. Capacitors are shot and traces on the daughter board are bad 2. High voltage turn off circuit is kicking in after 5 to 10 minutes because of the voltage spike due to old caps at are warn out and or heat has warped the daughter board and traces are arching shorting out and the HV circuit is kicking .

Both are common problems with arcade monitor hardware of 20+ years old and has taken a Beating.

Nice finds, let me know if you need more help.

When you get it working, don't forget to go into service mode and then hit the fire to cycle through the sprites, and you can see the grasshopper! The grasshopper didn't make it into the game.

I remember reading about it, and then seeing it for myself in the 1980's. How geek is that?