IGNORED

Operation: Crazy Train

bergum

I did it myself(the one for the BSR)!

Dear Blue Sky Rangers,

Hello. I am one of the members of the Atariage forums. I come with a request:

As you may know, M-Network was the name Mattel used to release games on their competitor's consoles. Mattel often ported liscensed arcade games from their Intellivision onto their competitor's consoles. This is important. M-Network also had some "vaporware". One of these pieces of Vaporware was the Atari VCS/2600 port of Loco-Motion. This game was apparently completed, even though it was not released. It was liscensed out from Konami/Centuri. Now, the finished prototype ROM image has never been released, due to copyright reasons. We are working on working liscensing things out with Konami. In the meantime, we would like permission to use the coding for this game for use in Reproduction Cartridges. A limited edition of 100 is to to be produced. Each will cost 100$, and 10$ from each cartridge sold will be given to the Blue Sky Rangers. By giving us permission, you will help preserve video game history, and do a great service to the retrogaming community.

That is all I have for now, does anyone wanna make a better one?

bergum you seem to be putting the cart before the horse. You can't dictate the royalties that either BSR or Konami will want. If they deem the project worthy (doubtful given BSR's history on such things) then they will set the royalties accordingly. From your 'letter' it looks like you are taking the lions share of the cart money and BSR get virtually nothing (10%) when they did all the work in the first place. Who is "we" in the letter? Looks like a party of one to me . The 'one' being you ;).

I'll be honest here, there's no way this will work so you're wasting your time. Your best bet is just as the BSR if they'll give you the rom. There's 99.9% chance they'll say no, but at least you have a .1% chance. Your other idea has a 100% chance of failing, there's just no way it will work.

Or you can send me $500 and maybe the rom will end up in an e-mail accidentally... ;) EDIT: CPUWIZ

How'd Boulder Dash get liscensed, then?

I don't know if they would not ever do it, Konami would recieve 350% of the initial cost. Sounds fair to me. How hard is liscensing?

Perhaps CPUWIZ would be intrested in this Anteater prototype I "own" recently. :)

How'd Boulder Dash get liscensed, then?

Because the license was owned by First Star and the person who has the rights to publish First Star games is a user here. It was a very unusual case.

Perhaps CPUWIZ would be intrested in this Anteater prototype I "own" recently.

Own a prototype of it or have the rom? I'd be surprised if you owned a actual prototype of it, but a few of the BSR roms have slipped out into private hands.

LOL!

Anyway, the BSR hasn't emailed me back yet. I hope my request is met.

:)

If so, I can tease you guys with screenshots and talk about "how good this is!... Too bad you aren't playing it. :)"

And the urge to play Loco-Motion will drive CPUWIZ to pay 5000$ for the liscensing fees... :)

LOL!

Anyway, the BSR hasn't emailed me back yet. I hope my request is met.

:)

If so, I can tease you guys with screenshots and talk about "how good this is!... Too bad you aren't playing it. :)"

And the urge to play Loco-Motion will drive CPUWIZ to pay 5000$ for the liscensing fees... :)

NO! And will you shut up about it already, I do not own Loco-Motion and neither does Tempest? :ponder: :roll:

This thread has made me far more unpopular than likes on a particular post could ever make up for. :)

Anyway, if I get the ROM, I will post LOTS and LOTS of screenshots.

I will not however, release the ROM after recieving it...

unless someone accidently sends an "Anteater" in the mail. (Hint Hint) :)

I think there is a 10% chance this will work. "Just asking" worked for Tempest.