IGNORED

what to do? Help!

voltron

Ok i purchased a cart worm whomper proto buy it now. The title said worm whomper proto i did not realize the pict was dreadnaught which i did not want. but i got worm whomper proto. Today the guy emailed me and said he made a mistake and sent me worm whomper instead of dreadnaught. and asked if i would return it. I replied that I taught i had purchased bin the demo cart and worm whomper, i didnt notice the dreadgnuaght part. the title said worm whomper. anyway he posted the auction for worm whomper proto twice and someone else won that auction. So what should I do? i purchased it bin thinking it was worm whomper, and thats the game i got. now he saying it was a mistake, and that i had hit purchased dreadnaught. factor. Dilema

Edited by voltron

Boy that's a tough one since he screwed up. I think it's going to come down to how nice and forgiving you are. You could easily make him squirm. He actually screwed up twice. Once with the auction and then sending you the game. That's a double whammy.

Plus how can he be that stupid to send you the Worm Whomper when the other auction for it was still going on. That a special level of stupidity. lol

when i pulled the trigger i wnted to buy worm whomper. i didnt realize h dreadnaught part bc i guess he listed i twice. i had read the worm whomper decription. any i was looking at his other auctions and then decided to pll yhe trigger on worm whomper and the demo cart.

anyway i guess bc of the doule listing he mixed up dreadnaught with worm whomper

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1810203197901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=181020319790&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Boy that's a tough one since he screwed up. I think it's going to come down to how nice and forgiving you are. You could easily make him squirm. He actually screwed up twice. Once with the auction and then sending you the game. That's a double whammy.

Plus how can he be that stupid to send you the Worm Whomper when the other auction for it was still going on. That a special level of stupidity. lol

I pulled the trigger last week bin... his second auction ended today. i taught head two so i evn bid on wht i tught was a second prototype. i did no bid high bc i already had one, and wasnt worry if i lost th second worm whompet. bu it turnsout there were only one proto cart

I pulled the trigger last week bin... his second auction ended today. i taught head two so i evn bid on wht i tught was a second prototype. i did no bid high bc i already had one, and wasnt worry if i lost th second worm whompet. bu it turnsout there were only one proto cart

Lay off the Liquor pal. ;) :-D

The game i wanted was worm whomper... thats why i hit bin. to avoid the auction.... I did not realize the double listing. and taught he had two prototypes. this was last week. His second listing ended today.

That's why it was even more dumb that he mailed you the Worm Whomper. Not only were you confused but he confused himself. So when you bought the game "he" didn't even look at the picture. Part of me wants to see him squirm. :-D

He messed up twice so he's going to have to cancel on one of you guys. You paid about the same and you got yours first, so I think he should let you keep yours and offer the Dreadnaught Factor cart to the other guy at a discount. The other buyer, BTW, won all of the other demo carts. Either he apologizes to you or to him, so he might as well honor the first chronological sale and make it up to the other guy with the discounted DF. Or......he could relist both of them and let the highest buyer prevail. This is what sloppy listing gets you.

I would suggest to the seller that you have just as much right to the Worm Whomper cart as the other guy, if not more since you already paid and received it. He messed up by listing twice, so he should apologize to the other guy....and offer him the DF.

How about this....you give back the Worm Whomper and he refunds all of your money. He sends the Worm Whomper to the other guy and you get Dreadnaught Factor for free. F#@king up a listing sometimes costs you some $$ to make it right. Just a thought...

He messed up twice so he's going to have to cancel on one of you guys. You paid about the same and you got yours first, so I think he should let you keep yours and offer the Dreadnaught Factor cart to the other guy at a discount. The other buyer, BTW, won all of the other demo carts. Either he apologizes to you or to him, so he might as well honor the first chronological sale and make it up to the other guy with the discounted DF. Or......he could relist both of them and let the highest buyer prevail. This is what sloppy listing gets you.

He cant cancel me. I used bin last week and already recieved it. The second listing ended today. i got a message from him today asking that i return the cart, bc its not the one i purchased he said.

i actually i only wanted the worm whomper cart and the demo. i threw a bid for the others but i didnt have much interest in them. otherwise i would have bid a lot more. .im like you i want to own all the worm whompers.....

lol.....ALL of the Worm Whompers! :lust: You should bait and switch him. Send the Worm Whomper proto cart to me for safe keeping and slip him a autographed copy of Space Battle :grin:

i think im gonna keep it. This was his mistake, and i just recalled that this person made a deal with a prominent member here on AA off ebay and forgot to unlist from ebay and then someone pulled the trigger on the bin and gave the game to the ebay buyer instead of the prominet AA member who he made the deal with a day earlier. So he broke his deal with the first person.

Edited by voltron
  • Like 1

This is a really tough one cause you did everything right and you got what you thought you were getting. It's totally his screw up. I think you can keep it with a clear conscience. If it were me (and I'm soft about this sort of thing), I would feel really bad for the guy because it was an honest mistake (so it seems) but it's really not your problem. He has to fix the other deal...you got what you wanted and paid for.