IGNORED

The Solution to Solaris

Statichamster

Even when I was a kid I used a basic version of Phasing. (I used to wait until a Federation Planet was attacked; defend it; then pass through.)

I have looked up the long way; I have never attempted it. It would be hard for me not to use Phasing.

A friend of mine sent me an ACTUAL Atari and I opened my NIB Solaris and played it with the actual hardware...after 3 weeks I completed the game on an Atari. Red Zones are a lot less intmidating with the original joystick as you can just turn it upsidedown.

Some more pointers:

* Fight Kogalon Space Pirate fleets before everything else when you can; other fleets tend to hide from your ship wasting precious time as you search for them. Pirates find you and tend to line up to get shot. I find them to be the easiest enemy.

* Cobra Fleets can easy; just fly up and move from side to side, taking every opportunity to shoot. They take a second to start shooting after reforming above you.

* For Mine Fields stay in the center and move or shoot at mines whenever they come near you; I find you get through easier this way.

* If you engage a fleet then use the second joystick button and place your X on another fleet, the other fleet won't move.

* Instead of Warping through exits; look for opportunities to engage an enemy then use the second joystick to place your ship at the exit you want to use. This saves fuel.

* When on Zylon Planets line yourself up with the cadet then accelerate shooting everything in your path; it's pretty obvious when you see him and I find this makes the planets easier.

* When getting keys shoot everything in the corridors, shooting stuff slows you down.

• 10 months later...

I know I haven't posted in a long time; but I just completed a new map...

Plotted all the worm holes for the game and marked all the Zylon Planets and Corridors with how many collectibles you need...not only that; spruced up the ole' map...

This is the most complete Solaris map you'll find on the internet.

post-34283-0-00226200-1427618503_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I'll give it a shot; but it won't be a map. One of the major differences in the games is that each board has only one exit. So it's a sequence. A gauntlet if you will.

New topic btw...I improved the guide to a 1.5 version.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/236990-solaris-2600-map-with-full-instructions-and-solution/

I'll give it a shot; but it won't be a map. One of the major differences in the games is that each board has only one exit. So it's a sequence. A gauntlet if you will.

Exactly, but it would still be nice to see. Like I said, I need to sit down with TLSF and do some more comparisons. If you see something I missed on my site, please let me know.