IGNORED

2600 Hot Wheels

82atari5200

OK

But they're the actual all metal hot wheels, like you would have gotten back in 79, not the .97 plastic bottom wal-mart hot wheels

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. It's pretty cool they made them higher quality than the cheapies. For me, $5 is still too much (not saying I wouldn't like to have them!) Maybe I'll find some on sale/clearance after Christmas if the rest of you vultures don't scoop them up first :)

• Like 1

I keep an eye on Hot Wheels and its pretty amazing that these things still normally sell for about a dollar, even after 45 years. And the quality of the detail has been improving in the last few years, even on the basic models. I think these may all be body styles previously available at that $.97 price. So you're paying 4 bucks for a special tampo and artwork on the blister pack.

I think I'll save my $30 and just look at the Atari boxes on my shelf.

Well...I am a loyal Hot Wheels customer...I buy a lot of their stuff. Ever since they put out the classic Batmobile in various configurations I became hooked. The detail is fantastic and it looks like they took over the top spot from Matchbox. I know they are probably other vehicles with new paint jobs...but that is what you pay for. Being a collector, I realize it is the simple things on something that can make them highly collectable and valuable...and a paint job is pretty major. I did open mine and promptly placed them under my tree in my village, and saved the cards. Being a collector of lots of things, to me it was worth the five dollars per for what they are.

post-33914-0-96410300-1354369834_thumb.jpg

The wife and I always play this game where she hands me a Christmas gift and I guess what is inside. She gets frustrated that she can't surprise me. For an example, one year I grabbed a gift that felt like a picture frame and another that felt like a book. I said," It is an autographed Star Trek picture and a Star Trek book." She asked,"How did you do that?!" I explained that it would be the only thing I would be interested in that she knows I like that would be in a frame, that she most likely found it in a flea market, and the book was most likely in the same booth.

Anyway, the other day she said," I found a gift you could never guess!" She hands me the gift and within seconds I said," It is an Atari Hot Wheel car." She said,"Nope, guess again." I said ,"The evidence indicates that you are lying so that I would be surprised." She said,"What evidence?!" I explained that the size, the little hanging tab, the cardboard, and the plastic indicates that it is a toy. I explained that I know that she doesn't know that I know these exist and that is why I would never be able to guess it. I explained that her excitement indicates that it is something that I'm guaranteed to like and the only toy that could possibly be is an Atari Hot Wheel car. She said,"Well, it isn't. Did you consider that it could be one of those miniature handheld games?" I answered,"Yes, but that would contradict the evidence. You seen me hold and show interest in those games. Therefore, they are something you know I could guess. The only logical conclusion is that you are still lying and trying to make me think it is something else." She said,"It isn't fair that you always surprise me and I can't surprise you!!!!" :-D

Portion of text clipped.

She said,"Well, it isn't. Did you consider that it could be one of those miniature handheld games?" I answered,"Yes, but that would contradict the evidence. You seen me hold and show interest in those games. Therefore, they are something you know I could guess. The only logical conclusion is that you are still lying and trying to make me think it is something else." She said,"It isn't fair that you always surprise me and I can't surprise you!!!!" :-D

Funny!