IGNORED

ColecoVision mods and hardware for sale over in Marketplace

Yurkie

Since there are new members visiting the ColecoVision boards all the time and many that may not look at the Marketplace section I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread.

All hardware is refurbished to work like new prior to modding.

I have been offering repairs and mods for ColecoVision for more than 2 years and have modded/sold over 220 consoles. I also offer ball knob replacement for the controller and cord straightening.

For the console I offer:

My single jack A/V composite mod(cord included)

Pause mod: Button to the left of the power switch pauses the system

Intro Skip BIOS: Press the left fire button on the controller and title screen goes away and skill select screen comes up. No more waiting 12 seconds to start playing. This is especially nice if you die right away in a game and want to start over quickly.

You can either send your system to me or buy one in my Marketplace thread

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/172279-colecovision-mods-sales-get-your-colecovision-for-christmas-1124/

Here are 3 pictures a customer took of his system.

post-23318-0-97637200-1353859718_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-61458800-1353859736_thumb.jpg

post-23318-0-64077100-1353859761_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The Coleco I recieved from you Yurkie is very nice and looks new, After seeing the French text on my old Coleco Vision console for 30 years and this new one not having it was different, the controles are great too, I do not have to sit 3 feet from the console when I play it. (Who am I kidding, I still do). Again thank you for restoring the Holy Grail of the early 80's video game system,

• 2 weeks later...

I received my fully modded Yurkievision yesterday, and it is everything and more than I expected! The ball top controllers are so much better than the original stick with disc on top, and the straightened cords are a real plus to allow extra distance from the console. The bios mod is really nice, and the pause function---well, that is so great for so many reasons (the usual...phone, bathroom break, etc.) Did I mention that the system is as clean as a brand spankin' new one? And last, but certainly by no means least, is the a/v mod that improves the quality of the video presentation by leaps and bounds over the old wavy, messy RF output. Oh, and you don't even have to buy an a/v cord, Yurkie provides a new one.

It's the perfect mix IMO of a stock system with some performance enhancing modifications to produce a better than new Colecovison experience, without losing the charm and feel of the original. I think anyone that loves Colecovision owes himself the opportunity to pamper himself with one of these. And before you think I'm some young kid that is easily impressed...I'm not. I'm over 60, and still own my original Colecovision that I bought when I was in my 30's, along with most every other system up to and including Xbox 360, etc. I love gaming period, but the Colecovision is special to my heart, and the Yurkievision is the cherry on top.

• Like 3

Got a special deal for anyone wanting to buy a modded ColecoVision without power supply. You get console with all my mods, and controllers with ball knobs and straightend cords, plus A/V cord for just $150 + shipping. I have more console and controllers than I do power supplies, so if you have your own power supply here is a chance to get a really good deal.

Here is a link to the marketplace thread.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/208415-modded-colecovision-system-without-power-supply-150-shipping/

Edited by Yurkie

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my modded ColecoVision from Yurkie, The thing is awesome! Its the 80s with a pause button! It also looks brand new, the only thing missing is that cool Coleco box that it originally came in, but that's OK, I have my old ripped one that I can look at once in a while! Great workmanship, I couldn't be happier! Now I can finally throw out the old tube TV that I kept around just to play Coleco. The games also look fabulous on my 42 inch LED TV. Yurkie made me a very happy man! Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Yurkie should be getting mine hopefully today, and I can't tell you how damn excited I am! I've read nothing but glowing reviews so far. I've had 2 CV's for oh, 15 years, one of which was my aunt's from BITD. Even though they are in decent shape, I have to play games with Super Action Controllers because I don't have a decent (standard) controller between the two. Basically, I haven't really been able to enjoy Coleco since probably 1984!

Thanks Yurkie (and a free bump) for providing your skills and service to the community. I post another update after it arrives if I don't explode with excitement.

BIG BIG thumbs-up to Yurkie's Colecovisions. It's Coleco-done-right.

You can still coil the straightened cords underneath and get the controllers to sit on top of the unit, in place. Not having the cords tugging on you, plus the magnificent ball knob means I play CV without hunting for an Atari joystick on the games that permit single fire button, anymore. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I received my CV back from Yurkie yesterday, and I just have to say - Yurkie gets my vote for AA's MVP!

The console looks gorgeous and plays even better. If you own a CV, you're doing yourself a disservice by waiting another minute to send it. I've been collecting for CV for over 10 years, but haven't really gotten to play any of these games (with a decent controller) until last night. It was wonderful.

This week is Spring Break, and we have my 8 year old stepson. He's a great kid but I have never really trusted him to be careful with retro stuff, so I typically keep it stored and only pull it out when he's not with us. Last night, couldn't help it. I played Smurf (which got him curious), then Galaxian and he wanted to play. I set up a 2p game and we had a blast. Next was Frogger, which he loved. We must have played for an hour, and he was laughing and having a blast.

Honestly, after all the PS3 and Wii U he is used to, I was expecting him to get bored quick. After a dinner break, I suggested a movie and he wanted to keep playing Coleco! We tore up some Mr. Do!, BurgerTime, Q*bert, Carnival, Jungle Hunt... then I pulled out the Roller Controller and we spent an hour playing Centipede!

He said he likes the cool controllers and even said he thinks my system is "awesome."

Back in 83/84, while the rest of my huge hick family was playing Atari, my aunt had a CV in her bedroom and us kids loved it though she would rarely let us play it (in fact, this is her old console). I was about 8 years old then, and now even 30 years later, I'm making new Coleco memories with my stepson. Couldn't be happier. A million thanks Yurkie!

• Like 6

• 5 weeks later...

A quick plug for Yurkie's service.

I got the composite mod almost 2 years ago. I always had a Tube TV, and was very impressed with the quality of the modded CV's picture.

I know that I am late, but we just got our first HDTV. Part of the deal with my wife was..the CV had to go with the old Tube TV to the guest bedroom.

But...my wife is away for awhile visiting relatives, so I snuck the CV back into the living room, and hooked it up to the new Samsung 40".

After changing the picture size to 4:3, and tweaking a few things...the picture quality is absolutley gorgeous!! The blacks are so black, and the colors are bursting off of the screen.

The only problem I have is the Samsung HDTV can only have composite OR component hookup. Both cannot be hooked up at the same time. I am still using composite for my DVD recorder, as I refuse to pay $20/month to Charter Cable for DVR! The other problem I have is talking my wife into letting the CV back into the living room!

So don't worry if you think the modded CV won't work with today's HDTV's. It is fully compatible with my new Samsung!

• 1 month later...