IGNORED

Who would star in Atari Smash Bros?

Dr Manhattan

What stages/levels could it have?

haunted house stage where the lights keep turning off-

mall from keystone kapers with escalators and elevators.

moon patrol stage with a rock, a pit and random craft flying by and shooting at you. really like the background for that game.

ms. pac man stage- everyone has to fight in a maze

• 6 months later...

Ugh...using STRICKLY Atari characters --

The Yar

One of the Unreal characters

Dig Dug

Major Havoc

The three guys from Pit Fighter

The skater from 720'

Officer Bob from APB

An alien & STARR solider from Area 51

The secret agent from Clock & Dagger

Bentley Bear

One of the RUSH racers.

Any of the Gauntlet characters

Charlie Chuck from Food Fight

The "I, Robot"

A couple of the MACE Dark Ages fighters

One of the Outlaw characters

Peter Pack Rat

The Paperboy

One of the Primal Rage characters

One of the pirates from Skull & Crossbones

One of the Toobin guys

One of the Warlords

One of the Xybots.

There...that's an extensive roster.

Edited by Crimefighter

General cluster

X-man with the scissors crabs and teeth

Pitfall Harry

Jungle Hunt guy

Pac-man

Mrs.Pac-man

Pac-man JR.

Pheonix bird

Centipiede/millipede guy

Bentley Bear

The Yar

Dig Doug

Major Havoc

if it had specials just imagine Cluster beating his opponents by raping them

Edited by xDragonWarrior

This kind of game would be doable in Batari BASIC using the multisprite kernel. Something I've been wanting to try, but the fixed playfield in ROM thing always had me not use it. Can't make a scrolling game with it. However, this kind of game would be able to take advantage of it since the playfields would all be set and wouldn't move. This kind of game is on the list for a possible future homebrew. But one at a time. I've got Zippy to finish.

• Like 1

This kind of game would be doable in Batari BASIC using the multisprite kernel. Something I've been wanting to try, but the fixed playfield in ROM thing always had me not use it. Can't make a scrolling game with it. However, this kind of game would be able to take advantage of it since the playfields would all be set and wouldn't move. This kind of game is on the list for a possible future homebrew. But one at a time. I've got Zippy to finish.

I think it would be *kinda* doable. Isn't smash bros is a 4 player game? I've tried multiple methods of flicker management (including random assignment of player0 per frame) to no great result. :( Another trick batari used in his RallyB example was to use missiles as the sprites body. Missiles are only one sprite tall in the multi-sprite kernel though. Ack!

Two player would be easy peasy.

I think it would be *kinda* doable. Isn't smash bros is a 4 player game? I've tried multiple methods of flicker management (including random assignment of player0 per frame) to no great result. :( Another trick batari used in his RallyB example was to use missiles as the sprites body. Missiles are only one sprite tall in the multi-sprite kernel though. Ack!

Two player would be easy peasy.

I've never played around with the Multipsrite Kernel so I don't know how bad the flicker is. Of course it'd be a two player game, but don't forget the other AI players. One on one is fine sometimes, but I like it when you have 2 real players and at least 1 other CPU Player.

• Like 1

Definitely the duck dragon from Adventure. Have to add Superman and Indiana Jones. The smiley face from Venture. Mario and Luigi of course. I'd go with a gunfighter from Outlaw. Maybe a couple of the Space Invaders. Yar. The bomber from Kaboom. Cop from Keystone Kapers. Definitely a Smurf. Popeye, Frogger, and Q*Bert. And for the fun of it, add Michael Meyers and Leatherface.

Phil

Edited by Philflound

Lets see... Well theyd have to have some iconic value and if its a game with a high and low strike zone, many atari characters just wouldnt do. Also how would they attack? Be kind if boring if characters like Yar just shot bullets. But all that aside here are some of my ideas...

Adventure character-attacks with sword and summons bat for power ups.

Berzerk character - dodges projectiles and can summon evil otto.

Haunted house- can stun opponents by blinding them with matches.

Pitfall hary - can summon a croc swamp

Swordquest character - not too familiar with the items in this game, but theres enough to have some good abilities.

Yar - summons the quotle cannon. Jumps like other opponents but flies when using the cannon. Basic attack is the wall nibble.

Astroids ship - like yar only flies when using special abbility, Astroid shower. Can teleport.

ET - bores you to death

HERO - Plants tnt. Limited flight

• 2 weeks later...