IGNORED

New owner- best games?

dr. kwack

Imo:-

Lemmings

Xenophobe

Desert Strike

Eye of the Beholder (full version still rare but Eric will be doing a run soon I think)

APB

Toki

Asteroids & Missile Command

Most Lynx games are pretty good.

Edit: plenty of other arcade conversions as well, like Pac-Land, Ms. Pacman, Rampage, Ramparts, Stun Runner, Road Blasters, Xybots.

Zaku!

Edited by GadgetUK

GadgetUK listed quite a few good ones, but some of them are more on the rare/expensive side.

So here's my tips for games that are not too pricey and fun in case you want to start slow when it comes to spending money...

Rygar

Switchblade II

Stun Runner

Blue Lightning

Battle Wheels

Power Factor

should all be cheap and fun. The Lynx is especially known for being able to smoothly zoom sprites, so the pseudo-3D-stuff is impressive for its time. Blue Lightning is essentially After Burner for example and Batle Wheels is a car battle game with extensive zooming.

If you have a thing for really oldschool arcade games stuff like Joust, Ms.Pac-Man or Paperboy might be for you.

It can be found on ebay if u have the $ or if u wait eric dlee is supposedly gonna do another run for cheaper

Yep, and when he does - it is well worth buying!!! I love the game, its the best game on the Lynx. The only other games ive spent as much time playing are Xenophone, Lemmings and Desert Strike.

Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden III are very good if you're in to those kind of games. They aren't any less forgiving than the NES versions that caused untold amounts of gamer rage so be careful not to throw your Lynx like a controller if you play them.

And I can add Todd's Adventures in Slime World to the list of must haves. I really enjoyed playing that game (a lot). Also, Steel Talons is a nice helicopter simulator (arcade conversion, BTW) that is often overlooked. Chip's Challenge is my favorite puzzler, followed closely by Crystal Mines II.

• Like 1

I have to put my vote in for Awesome Golf. I never play golf in real life, other than mini-golf on occasion, and I almost never watch it on television, so I definitely cannot be called a "golf fan." Actually, I almost never enjoy any kind of sports games on video game systems. But Awesome Golf was and is highly addicting to me. I found myself going back to play it over and over again. The controls are easy enough to get into the game quickly, but the game still offers a great challenge to play it over and over again and try to master the game and get the best possible scores. Of all the Lynx games I've played, this is by far the game that I have gone back to playing the most. Awesome title indeed.

• 2 years later...