IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #15 Carol vs the WORLD!

I forgot to say thanks. That might be part of my problem. I mainly only try for perfects on 3 different boards, the rest i just try to finish the boards as fast as possible. So i died a few times because of greed and a few times because of human error.

Who knows maybe i will give it another try anyway since i had a couple days to reflect. But what sucks is i have to work every day until the contest is over so it all depends on how i feel when i get home. :(

I think you should give up ;) I'm trying to get above 3000 to secure my place, as I believe that there will be some last minute sandbagging. Plus, I don't see entries from Cmart, Rev, or Voltron and I know they want patches!

I think you should give up ;) I'm trying to get above 3000 to secure my place, as I believe that there will be some last minute sandbagging. Plus, I don't see entries from Cmart, Rev, or Voltron and I know they want patches!

I don't know about that. I keep mentioning it in other threads and nobody seems to respond. Perhaps people got scared away by the sheer height of the current scores... :\

Jason, don't forget to post your photos, even if the score is not higher than before. The leaderboard shows you still as Helper Elf, so if you managed to reach the rank of Ranger Elf, post it here.

Oh, and IGNORE THAT CANDY! :)

-dZ.

I know (about the candies), I obsess. I think that once I get a level perfect I think I can do it every time, but by trying I lose lives here and there so I don't have them when I need them.

I played late last night and finally reached Ranger! I improved my score, but didn't move up the ranks. I'll upload a screenshot later, but I'm going to play today, so hopefully I can upload a better score :D

The 3 you mentioned are bigger collectors then they are gamers (that is not an insult but the truth). They still play their games but not as hardcore as we do. They may be disappointed that they can't just buy the patches. LOL

There are 3 types of Intellivision fans.

1. Hardcore collectors who do more collecting then actually playing the games.

2. People who game more than they collect.

3. A little of both (I feel this is where i fit)

Jblenke inspired me to play every time it brings me fun.

He's doing good in colecovision HSC but he's not shy to post his scores in many Hscs.

I'm low ranked in colecovision Hsc but it doesn't mean I shouldn't keep playing there.

Let's play xmas Carol for fun!

That's the spirit! :)

As an update, my best score to date is only in the 900's as I really haven't had much of a chance to play over the holidays. I do play more than you guys might think, but I often play sports games so I'm not usually participating in the HSC with those.

• Like 1

As an update, my best score to date is only in the 900's as I really haven't had much of a chance to play over the holidays. I do play more than you guys might think, but I often play sports games so I'm not usually participating in the HSC with those.

Cmart, you should post your score anyway. All scores are welcomed and you get to be immortalized on the CvW Leaderboard. Plus, you share in the fun and camaraderie with us. :)

• Like 1

In auctions, snipping is good because you don't want to spend more.

But here more play is more fun so I never hide my scores.

Doing this I enjoyed much more.

And I won't stop until the end of competition :)

Hey Liduario, I totally agree with you. The point of the entire competition is to have fun and to enjoy the ride. Let's hope that there will not be last minute ghosts that appear and that snatch the Xmas presents :)

Edited by Oscar G.
  • Like 1

I may not win the Master Elf coffee mug, but I'm hoping to qualify for the Ranger Elf shot glass :grin:

LOL! You should really try for the Master Elf rank. There's still three days left. In any case, up until the time of the Grand Elf Masters, who broke the curve, I really thought that Ranger Elf was a very high rank. I posted it proudly on my signature and avatar. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

This may be my last score. I got farther but with a worse score. I completely lost it second time to Candy Cove. I went into the level with 3 lives but the ghost kept screwing me every time i turned around and i don't have quick enough reflexes to recover when that happens. I can't think and i panic.

I have also learned that biggest potential death trap can be Snowflake Garden. On one of my earlier attempts today i got completely stuck on that level with no way out. I picked up every present but one, the one that leads up the center at the top, and just before i can touch the snowflake and go up the ghost touches me and all the presents went back. And at the point i could not find a way to get all the presents again with no more snowflakes. I lost life after life and had to start over.

post-25251-0-32187000-1356821353_thumb.jpg

I think i deserve some kind of consolation prize for all the mental abuse this game has given me. I was swearing over and over and almost threw my controller earlier. :mad: ;)

This has indeed been a test in patience. I get pretty frustrated at times. I think I'm up to 60 full games that I have played (not including practice or resetting after dying in the first few levels). My average game lasts like 30-45 min now. I have just been plugging away game after game. Don't get me wrong...it's fun but also a lot of work. I really want a patch :mad: