IGNORED

SIO2SD/PC Combo for Atari 8-bit

santosp

Hi. Please read above for proper SDcard preparing.

http://www.santelloc...2sd.htm#english

If all its Ok with SDcard, no matter if you have or not other files on it.

Yep,

this short doc. helped me most setting up my SIO2SD. I have read several other docs and instructions (even in german language, my mother tongue) and many of them were quite confusing. In the end, I simply created a folder/subdir named "Atari" and copied the files SIO2SD.XEX and SIO2SD.BIN onto the 2GB SD-card which was already FAT16 formatted, then I copied some ATR folders onto the card (into the folder/subdir Atari) and tested everything.

To my surprise one SIO2SD/PC would not work at all (but I think I already know what the problem is, it seems dead, but has simply lost the MCU fuse bits settings I guess), it did not stop blinking while the LCD did not show anything. Luckily I ordered two SIO2SD/PC and the second one did run fine right from the start and with the SD-card I had setup to my needs. Think I will call a friend or someone at Abbuc for help with the one SIO2SD/PC which does not work. For all others, simply download the newest firmware and software at: http://sio2sd.gucio.pl/wiki/English and also download or read the short doc. mentioned above...

Greetings, Andreas Koch.

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Nevermind, scratch that! I got it to work, I just didn't wait long enough! Works great, now I just need to put some more things on there. Kind of annoying that my card reader gave up the ghost a long time ago, so I use my Nokia N900 in Mass Storage mode to copy it to the MicroSD, then put it in my adapter.

Time to hook it up in a nice comfortable spot, connect my two Epyx 500XJ Joysticks and play some Mail Order Monsters!

leech

To my surprise one SIO2SD/PC would not work at all (but I think I already know what the problem is, it seems dead, but has simply lost the MCU fuse bits settings I guess), it did not stop blinking while the LCD did not show anything.

Andreas I am surprised about that. You didn't mention anything to me until now. Please send it back with simple post, (not registered) to check it... as to repair.

All devices checked one by one for all functions. Buttons, sdcard, loader, program load, lcd display etc.

• Like 1

Andreas I am surprised about that. You didn't mention anything to me until now. Please send it back with simple post, (not registered) to check it... as to repair.

All devices checked one by one for all functions. Buttons, sdcard, loader, program load, lcd display etc.

Oh,

hopefully my reply did not sound negative. In my opinion it is not your fault anyways, that one SIO2SD/PC device does not work. First there is my local postman (postwoman to be correct) who presses/forces everything into the letter box even if it does not fit at all (she already destroyed a lot of envelopes and quite some 5,25" disks by doing so). Second, we do have winter right now in germany, so it is some degrees below zero and maybe one device did not like this temperature...

Before sending the device back, I will hand it over to a friend of mine, maybe he can set the MCU fuse bits again. If this does not work or if there is something else broken, then I will send it back to you. Last not least, I am very happy with the SIO2SD/PC and the support from you, not to mention that between ordering the two devices and getting them there were just 7 days ! And since the other device works fine, I already have something to play with...

Greetings, Andreas Koch.

Picked mine up yesterday from the Post Office. It's true, and I rarely say this about tech, but it IS a beautiful little device! I didn't really realize how "little" until I had it in my hands. Hooked it up to a 130 XE right away - fantastic! Thanks so much for this!

Well,

60 Euro (plus shipping) is the cost for this device complete with SIO cable, LED-display and with a case, as shown in the pictures ?!? I ask, because I already have two lose SIO2SD without a case and without SIO-cable (and thats why I have not used them yet).

If you say yes - two devices for me, please.

Last not least (evil question) would it also be possible to add a SIO-connector (like in a 1010 or 1050) to your actual or a future pcb-design so one can add another SIO device (and this SIO2SD / PC needn`t be the end of the SIO chain)...?

-Andreas Koch.

P.S.: Did some edits of my post...

Would like to know where to get one of these SO i can display my christmas cards w a400 on the GO w out bulky 810!!!..

I can and have played w a arduino a little but would like a built ready to go model CASE not needed if its just a FILE I need and the pcb w lcd I could build the rest of the box..

i know it seem s hard to do but its actually easy if you have what i do a atari to sio(serial) then its just LCD MENU to drive the .atr file to the serial out to the sio!.

its cool that how you can use the a800.exe emulation to use a harddrive as h1: in atari dos2

instead of

a

d1:

you

a

h1:

and directory of folder comes up!!!!!

then you can copy to .atr images i justpaste copy then rename file to from 1.atr to 2.atr then reformat then put dos files then copy files from h1:"filename.bas",d1:filename.bas

it seems to work using the , between files.

i wonder if i could a h1:

on the device AS I CAN ON A800

AS NOT TO CONFUSE I MADE THE harddrive on the ATARI800.EXE h1: as my desktop folder a8

then

a

h1:

it listed the whole dir!!!!

it will allow copying too..

thisway i can take online .atr files from P domain and copy paste into real .atr files then use APE sio to serial to real a810 on real a400 and make real atari disks then copy them baCK to cdrom then into this thing SIO2SD/PC combo for atari b-bit witch would be cool so let me know if you want to sell one and how mutch to send to usa

Edited by awace

it shows h1: as the aTARi disk this would be cool for a compy emulation loading a lot of memory .mem savs as the whole dir could be loaded..

I dont know mutch about 320k atari's but they have more memory witch is nice..

LEt me know if anyone knows how to get one of these sio/sd devices and I will have $ in august from renters return TAX.. propertry tax

The error was me pushing Break to stop listing..

its weird that Missile command plays in 512x384 mode w full sound but not on my 37' VIZIO TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weird.. I want the S option for smartbombs only!! as i can get over 1 mill and past the brown board on MISSILE COMMAND.. me and my brother took turns getting extra citys of course he won because I didnot relaize we were taking turns in a two player game and when he left the room I was already game over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!