IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 5th 2012

Pixelboy

I'm new to this and wondered where can any of these be purchased? Is by xmas possible? appreciate any help. PM me if anyone can,thanks.

I will be releasing my games on December 25th (like I do every year) and on the morning of that day, I will be sending a notification e-mail to all the people listed in my customer records. Send me an e-mail at pixelboy at teampixelboy dot com if you want to be added to my customer records.

If you haven't ordered an SGM from Opcode, then purchasing any of the four SGM games is pointless, at least until a new batch of SGM units is manufactured. The final pricetags of my upcoming games are not known yet, because I'm waiting for a few invoices from a guy for his services.

Wow! I just realized that there are only five days more to Christmas! :) :) Jingle bells, jingle bells, Princess Quest is going out :) :)

I feel a great emotion waiting to have it in my hands and all the other Team Pixelboy games I've ordered :)

You realize nobody has actually ordered yet. We are all on the list and have the best shot of geeting the games but if however many he is making of that cart is gone by the time you reply to his email then you will have missed out until he makes more in a couple of months. Unless this wasn't one of the games that he was doing that with.

You realize nobody has actually ordered yet. We are all on the list and have the best shot of geeting the games but if however many he is making of that cart is gone by the time you reply to his email then you will have missed out until he makes more in a couple of months. Unless this wasn't one of the games that he was doing that with.

My bad English of course. I'm only secure with Princess Quest because I'm the author. But I guess I'll have to wake up early in Christmas morning for the other games :)

My bad English of course. I'm only secure with Princess Quest because I'm the author. But I guess I'll have to wake up early in Christmas morning for the other games :)

Ah cool, looking forward to playing your game the screen shots look awesome!!!!

Yeah I guess you kinda have an automatic on Princess Quest then ;)

I love classics !!!

That's why I ask of Thexder..

of all space games of that time ( the best ) Thexder for sure not a hit to the arcades or at home.

There are a lot of even more obscure games that are more playable.

Not a critics to the game but simply curious to know why you chose for that.

It just seemed like a no-brainer to me. Everyone has tried Thexder when they were kids or teenagers back in the eighties. They either played it on their PCs (with either CGA or EGA graphics) or some other home computer. If you ask people about Thexder today, they may not remember the game from the name, but show them a few screenshots or a gameplay video and most will tell you "oh yeah, I remember playing that game when I was a kid".

And by the way, do check your sales figures, Juno. Thexder WAS a massive hit on home computers, especially in Japan. If you don't believe me, look up Thexder on mobygames.com and see to how many systems the game was released on!

I love classics !!!

That's why I ask of Thexder..

of all space games of that time ( the best ) Thexder for sure not a hit to the arcades or at home.

There are a lot of even more obscure games that are more playable.

Not a critics to the game but simply curious to know why you chose for that.

Not a hit? Nearly everyone I knew back in the day owned a copy of Thexder! It still comes up in conversations and there was a cool PS3/PSP port (Thexder Neo) a couple years ago.

I think the game looks cool, but I have to admit that I never heard of the game until I saw it posted on your site. Even after looking at the screenshots and youtube video it doesn't look even remotely familiar. And I grew up on the Atari 2600 and Colecovision so it's not like it was before my time or anything.

Edited by tomjscott

I think the game looks cool, but I have to admit that I never heard of the game until I saw it posted on your site. Even after looking at the screenshots and youtube video it doesn't look even remotely familiar. And I grew up on the Atari 2600 and Colecovision so it's not like it was before my time or anything.

You could say the game was more well-known among computer users. I myself didn't have much contact with the game back when I was a kid. I'm surprised it was never released on the Commodore 64, by the way...

Anyway, beta-testing Thexder for ColecoVision has made me discover just how much of a thinking man's shooter this game really is. You don't rush into action and blast everything in range like you in such games as Gradius or R-Type. You have to think your way through each level (memorization is key) and exploit any contextual weakness of the enemies, otherwise you just get clobbered in no time.

Should happen between 8 AM and 9 AM, Eastern US/Canada time.

Good luck to all in getting your copies of the games you want. Of course, once the initial supplies I've prepared are gone, I'll do my best to manufacture more ASAP, but that may take a while. For the non-SGM games, the carts and manuals are ready and I just need to glue together more boxes, but for the SGM games, I'll have to assemble more carts as well as boxes, which can be rather time-consuming. In the case of Thexder, I won't even be able to prepare more carts (beyond the 45 carts I have here) until Moldex delivers more transparent dark blue cart casings to me.

I hope I can count on everyone's patience when we reach that point. I obviously don't like to keep people waiting for their games, especially with the SGM set to ship in roughly a month from now, but this time around, I won't have much of a choice. So my advice is to simply let me know exactly what games you want in your reply to the Christmas e-mail I will send to all of you, and I will manage the waiting list to the absolute best of my abilities. :)

• Like 2

So is the ordering like:

Get Team Pixelboy email, reply to email with list of games and zip code and shipping type, Team Pixelboy confirms your order (or a subset of the order) and provides a total to be sent via Paypal on Dec 25th, else the carts might be released for other customers on Dec 26th.

I assume games are all qty 1 or 2, i.e. one person can't order 45 copies of Thexder for example :)

Edited by grips03

So is the ordering like:

Get Team Pixelboy email, reply to email with list of games and zip code and shipping type, Team Pixelboy confirms your order (or a subset of the order) and provides a total to be sent via Paypal on Dec 25th, else the carts might be released for other customers on Dec 26th.

I'm not sure what you mean with that December 25th/26th thing, but anyway, I will operate on a first-come-first-served basis as soon as the Christmas e-mails will have been sent out to all customers, which means I will process the orders in the order I receive them in my e-mail inbox. This way of working is as fair to everyone as I can make it. There are three "batches" of games in this process:

Batch #1 is the lot of games that is currently ready to ship:

- 40 copies of Wonder Boy

- 40 copies of Mopiranger

- 40 copies of Princess Quest

- 40 copies of Quest for the Golden Chalice

- 80 copies of Dragon's Lair

- 65 copies of Zaxxon Super Game

- 50 copies of King's Valley

- 45 copies of Thexder

Batch #2 is not ready to ship yet, because some box-glueing and/or cart assembly is required (which will be done is January, as soon as most of the games of Batch #1 have been shipped out):

- 35 copies of Wonder Boy

- 35 copies of Mopiranger

- 35 copies of Princess Quest

- 60 copies of Quest for the Golden Chalice

- 20 copies of Dragon's Lair

- 35 copies of Zaxxon Super Game

- 50 copies of King's Valley

- (no copies of Thexder available)

Batch #3 will center around the SGM games, and could be very long-term, because I need to order more cartridge casings from Moldex and I don't know when I will receive them. I also need to get more boxes shipped from Germany, and more MegaCart PCBs ordered via Eduardo. Anyway, my target supplies for Batch #3 will be as follows:

- 100 additional copies of Dragon's Lair

- 100 additional copies of Zaxxon Super Game

- 100 additional copies of King's Valley

- 155 additional copies of Thexder

I will adjust the quantities above according to the actual demand for them, so that's why people should make their wish list clear from the very start (i.e. on Christmas day) and I'm also including pre-orders of my past games (Pitfall II Arcade, Track & Field, etc.) when I say this.

By the way, I had a total of 150 boxes printed for the non-SGM games (Wonder Boy, Mopiranger, Quest for the Golden Chalice and Princess Quest) so while I am quite prepared to manufacture more copies of those games if there's a demand for them, the total number of copies for each of those 4 games will be limited to 150. If I want to have more boxes printed, I'll have to order a minimum of another 150, and it will take a pretty high demand to get me to do that (although this may actually happen with Quest for the Golden Chalice, because trust me, this game rocks, and I actually expect it to reach the same level of notoriety as Pac-Man Collection, which sold 300 copies. The game is that good!)

I will reply to all e-mails all day long on Christmas, and then I will stop processing orders in the late afternoon because I have a Christmas party to go to in the evening and I will return very late (and will probably go straight to bed when I get back). I will resume processing orders on the morning of the 26th. I have to go to work on the 27th and 28th, and that will slow down order processing considerably, but on the other hand, it will give me the opportunity to purchase more shipping boxes at Staples (during my lunch break). Rest assured I will process orders as quickly as I can, which may not be as quickly as I would like, but hey, that's life. When supplies of Batch #1 start to run out, I will let each customer know his/her options.

I assume games are all qty 1 or 2, i.e. one person can't order 45 copies of Thexder for example :)

Yep, with such low supplies, I cannot accept more than one order of each game per individual client.

I'll have to order a minimum of another 150, and it will take a pretty high demand to get me to do that (although this may actually happen with Quest for the Golden Chalice, because trust me, this game rocks, and I actually expect it to reach the same level of notoriety as Pac-Man Collection, which sold 300 copies. The game is that good!)

I got the impression from your webpage that Quest for the Golden Chalice was identical in game-play to Adventure, just with better graphics and some background music. Is that not the case?

I got the impression from your webpage that Quest for the Golden Chalice was identical in game-play to Adventure, just with better graphics and some background music. Is that not the case?

Mostly identical, but the background music and the few minor added features (like having to actually swing the sword to kill a dragon) will likely make the game quite enjoyable. But that's not the best part. The thing that will really set the game apart from Adventure will be the hidden extras in the cartridge... Let's just say you'll want to access the Easter Egg screen as soon as you've played enough with the original three quests! ;)

• Like 1