IGNORED

If you had to pick one, what is your favorite pack in with a video game?

ave1

So what's your favorite item that came packaged in with a video game? Is it the 2600 Omega Race Booster Grip or maybe the Coleco Roller Controller with Slither? Maybe you liked the mouse that came packed in with Mario Paint or the Rumble Pack you first got with Starfox 64. . . or coud it be that you liked the Reel Fishing fake fishing reel? Can you honestly say you weren't tempted to buy a Saturn when you noticed that Virtua Cop came out packaged with the Stunner?

I spent quite a bit of time researching the great pack-ins of video gaming, and here are the ones I'm convinced are in the top eschelon:

http://n4g.com/news/....ed-with-a-game

What are your top 5?

A few favourites of pack-in swag spring to mind. The GunCon packaged with Time Crisis is at the top of the heap for me, the gun games on PSX are some of the best around and the GunCon makes for a great shootin' experience. Next, I'd have to say, is the Vaus controller bundled with NES Arkanoid, but then again I've always been a fiend for anything Breakout-style. In that vein, an honourable mention goes out to the rotary controller packaged with the Japanese release of Arkanoid DS that plugs into the GBA slot. That take on Arkanoid may be a bit dull, but the accessory is extremely cool.

Also, interesting article.

my top 5:

The analog controller that came with Nights on Saturn

The camera/mat/stand with Eye of Judgment on PS3

The traxxas rally car that came with some copies of dirt 3 (not that I could afford that)

The Nerf gun/wiimote holder that came with wii nerf games

Though it's simple, this probably makes my number one:

robotron2084.th.png

Edited by Reaperman

The Atari Force comic books I think should get honorable mention. The series was a nice little treat, especially for those who got all five games. It also made those titles feel like they were in their own, separate universe... even if the games' ties to the stories were usually tenuous at best.

My faves are the Supercharger with Phaser Patrol (granted, that's more geared to the 2600 forum) and the T shirt I got with FF7. The T shirt wasn't really a pack in, but it got a TON of use!

I forgot about the Atari Force comics. All the 2600 comics were pretty cool. I've got a couple of Atari Force and I've got the Yars' Revenge and Centipede ones.