IGNORED

Prototype storage

shadow460

I've been considering a safe deposit box for the two Starpath prototypes and the one PSP lab loaner that I own. The Starpath ones were dumped and posted here a few years back and I've already ripped the UMD to a memory stick with the rest of my PSP games.

What do ya'll think? Is the safe deposit box overkill? Should I just store 'em in my own safe at home or is the extra security warranted?

I would say it is overkill, but I have no idea what kind of neighborhood you live in or what kind of security you have. IMHO, those games aren't going to fetch the prices of, lets say, a copy of Air Raid CIB. They do have some value to them, but nothing your average thief could spot...a burglar would more likely steal your copy of 2600 Pac Man, as it is at least a popular game title. I would just keep it safe from factors which would deteriorate the condition (excessive heat, cold, light, smoke, etc.)...that is much more of a concern to the value of your treasures.

• Like 1

My main concern is actually fire or a natural disaster. The only one that someone might consider taking is Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner, which they'd only swipe along with other PSP stuff. Right now that's stored in a hard UMD case with other loose PSP games. Labyrinth and Phaser Patrol are stored with my other Starpath games in hard cassette case.

I thought of tossing them all in the safe, but then the thought of seeing my house up in flames while my safe goes bobbing down the river caused by fire hoses occurred to me. Because of this, I thought maybe I could design a model hovercraft that would activate in the presence of heat. I t would need an anti magnetic shield for the electric motors so they didn't erase my treasured prototypes, and it would need a dark brown sun shield so that anyone who looked on didn't get the words "SAMPLE DISC ONLY" sunburned across their forehead by a reflection. The hovercraft would also need homing harpoon weapons to prevent it being eaten by a shark.

lol, I'll probably just pad 'em in a bubble mailer and put 'em in the safe.