IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club 1.14 ~ Dark Cavern

Vocelli

There are some things the manual doesn't explain. I'm not gonna re hash the strategies posted, but it's worth a look at the other three times this game has been played.

There can only be two bullets on the screen at any time, one of the man's, and one of the robots'. That means if a robot has taken a shot at you, no other robot can fire until that bullet hits something. If one takes a long shot at you, you can escape by ducking in front of another robot and then running away from that robot.

Robots can and do shoot each other, but you don't score any points for that. The remaining robots will change color and you will earn points for shooting them accordingly.

If a robot is on the same horizontal or vertical line as the man, the robot will fire a shot even if there's a wall between them. This allows you to cut in front of an approaching robot if you need to.

There is a limit to how many enemies can appear on a single horizontal or vertical line of the playfield. I think it's two enemies total. Robots and even the other enemies will never move in such a way that will exceed this limit. If you see them reverse direction at a corner, the limit has been reached somewhere.

Guns appear at set time intervals. I recommend you only collect guns at first. Hold off attacking until you have 99 bullets.

• Like 2

I lived in the Laurel Mountains south of Pittsburgh for the first eight years of my life. then small towns around Huntingdon. I spent those four years watching a snowy WTAJ Channel 10 in Altoona, because it was the only channel we got. Then we moved to Clarion county. Yes, I did spend a lot of my life on I-80 and the Turnpike. I've been settled in Harrisburg, now, for quite a number of years.

I know what you mean about the two parks being together. The water is always bluer on the other side of the lake. :grin:

I grew up 30 miles East of Pittsburgh, in Greensburg, Pa.

Now I live in N. Va.

Thumb is feeling a bit better, Should be able to play tomorrow.

• Like 2

I have thought it over and I choose GORFY you have just been given a point. you have helped me since I came here and we are friends. CONGRATS GORFY +1 :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

THANK YOU very much, gamerguy, good buddy! (A gratitude point goes back to you...)

It's been fun having you compete with us old geezers. 8) 8) 8) ;) ;-) :) :) :) :) :) 8) 8) 8)

First attempt. Always liked this game, simple, yet tense as you progress. I have a feeling this is going to come down to who's insane enough to roll it. Can I give myself a point? I need another after missing that score that one week, that's hurt my ranking.

post-22322-0-46130100-1356152260_thumb.jpg

I might have hit the wall for this one. Once I get over 300K, the spiders and blobs shoot at me as well. It's rare, but every once in a while they will fire a shot. I'm also getting hit a lot by bullets that are fired after a robot's death sprite has completely vanished. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the console or not. I'm playing on a 7800. Eariler in the week I was using my heavy sixer. I am thinking of going back to that.