IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

3 hours ago, Isgoed said:

I just checked the site, €63.- for a quality game release like this is not expensive at all!

The trouble is shipping - which I understand they have no control over... but €24 to ship to North America really bumps the price up.

The cost for me would be about €90 total, which translates to about $101 US or $130 Cnd.  

That's getting pricey IMHO...

• Like 3

Thank you Zerosquare for providing information here.

For information, all copies are ready, so no pre-order.

Many of you have probably contacted us by email for several years, the waiting list is still there and we will contact you as we go.
If you are new, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks for your messages of support. We know that a Jaguar game often takes a long time, and we know that Jaguar console gamers are patient people too.

All information is on our website:
https://www.retro-gc.fr/news/another-world-3-atari-jaguar/

We have our forum https://www.yaronet.com/topics/193435-another-world-atari-jaguar-rgc010-3nd-edition#post-1

And we will try to answer here directly in order to facilitate exchanges.

Isgoed > Yes, the price seems correct to us. There are still the shipping costs which can be expensive between our countries.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Some more people will have the opportunity to play this very well done game (box manual too) port to J.

This is how you as a producer support the fans; it is not only about support of the producers, you know.

We work together to keep this cat alive. Thanks, for 2nd run when I got in on it. And thanks for this 3rd one too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ls650 said:

The trouble is shipping - which I understand they have no control over... but €24 to ship to North America really bumps the price up.

The cost for me would be about €90 total, which translates to about $101 US or $130 Cnd.  

It is high, but believe it or not that's really reasonable for shipping from Europe to the USA. You will spend over $30-$40 sending at the equivalent rate from the US to other countries these days if you want Priority rate with tracking/insurance, etc.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I am happy to split shipping costs with somebody if anybody is interested.

I would be interested too.

39 minutes ago, imstarryeyed said:

Hey jgkspsx, I am interested, I am located in Texas, but would be interested in a group buy to save / split shipping.

Let me know if you or anyone else here is interested.

Too bad I do not get down to Corpus very much anymore or I could save on the domestic portion of the shipping.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

I would be interested too.

Too bad I do not get down to Corpus very much anymore or I could save on the domestic portion of the shipping.

Ha ha thanks for the thought anyways!

6 minutes ago, Chris Brockman said:

Oh yeah coming from France is going to be pricey but better that than having to ship to France - just saying.  Another Texas person here too.

I would love to meet people at a convention or something here in Texas, once everyone feels confident to congregate again.

I have a friend who is doing her first convention and has already rented the convention center if anyone is interested in going to a con in October of 2022..

https://newwavexpo.com/

She has planned lots of big events but this is her first personal con for gaming, anime and such...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

On the topic of this thread, I do not mind emailing the Another World authors to inquire about a group buy if we can get a pre order going..

Let me know who else is interested and I will be happy to assist in this matter..  logistics will need to be figured out but I am sure we can work it all out as a group.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, imstarryeyed said:

Ha ha thanks for the thought anyways!

I would love to meet people at a convention or something here in Texas, once everyone feels confident to congregate again.

I have a friend who is doing her first convention and has already rented the convention center if anyone is interested in going to a con in October of 2022..

https://newwavexpo.com/

She has planned lots of big events but this is her first personal con for gaming, anime and such...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

On the topic of this thread, I do not mind emailing the Another World authors to inquire about a group buy if we can get a pre order going..

Let me know who else is interested and I will be happy to assist in this matter..  logistics will need to be figured out but I am sure we can work it all out as a group.

Another Houstonian here. I have no problem paying the shipping, but wouldn't mind NOT paying the full shipping price either.

I got my email that I'm still on the waiting list yesterday. So glad they heard our plea!

• Like 1

For those in the US, I would also be happy to have a large batch of them shipped here to me in Texas, and I could then ship them to others.  To make shipping even less expensive, the boxes and box inserts could be shipped flat, and I could assemble them here, then ship them out.  International shipping is a bit ridiculous now for small packages, unfortunately.

..Al

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

For those in the US, I would also be happy to have a large batch of them shipped here to me in Texas, and I could then ship them to others.  To make shipping even less expensive, the boxes and box inserts could be shipped flat, and I could assemble them here, then ship them out.  International shipping is a bit ridiculous now for small packages, unfortunately.

..Al

This would be awesome!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ls650 said:

Well then, welcome to the club:-D

From the US to Europe is quite expensive too + taxes etc, which is the main reason why I don't buy a new Jaguar release very often.

In the past there was 16/32 bit systems which made it a lot more affordable to buy the new released Jaguar stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, Isgoed said:

From the US to Europe is quite expensive too + taxes etc, which is the main reason why I don't buy a new Jaguar release very often.

In the past there was 16/32 bit systems which made it a lot more affordable to buy the new released Jaguar stuff.

When I get the new AtariAge Store online, I will be able to offer significantly discounted international shipping rates.  Looking forward to that, as I know shipping is pretty expensive and dissuades many from buying from the US (understandably so).  Working on getting UK VAT squared away as well, and once that's done I will do the same for the EU so I can collect VAT at the time of sale.  This will hopefully make packages sail through customs as well as eliminate any administrative fees around collecting VAT at time of entry into the EU.

..Al

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Albert said:

..Al

I'd be down for that.

• Like 1

P&p omg. Terrible. I like to read ttrpg, noone to game with there days (am 42, wife, 3 kids). And ordered five books, two splatt books, one GM screen for 140 usd, from Georgia US to Sweden EU… Guess the p&p?  ———-> 107 Usd.

why did I proceed? Hell, support… consume… I likey Imagine RPG, sorry my bad.

we will probably need to get used to this for years n years to come. In this new Brave — sorry, Boring—- world.

get used to pay as much in p&p as the item you buy when ordering world wide. Corona is to blame… Will you end??? Gahh!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Albert said:

..Al

I'd very much be interested in this. I received the e-mail yesterday from them about being on the waiting list and that i would soon get an e-mail to verify my address.

No idea how you would coordinate this Al, but would be fantastic if it worked out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McCarseat said:

I'd very much be interested in this. I received the e-mail yesterday from them about being on the waiting list and that i would soon get an e-mail to verify my address.

No idea how you would coordinate this Al, but would be fantastic if it worked out.

I'll see if RGC is interested in working on a bulk purchase to ship to the US, if so, I can coordinate purchases and shipping to those in the US who are interested.  @imstarryeyed has also expressed a desire to do this. 

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Long time lurker, first time poster. Count me in on this group buy. I missed out on the first couple of runs and didn't think they'd make any more, so this is a delightful surprise. FWIW I emailed RGC expressing interest, but if this group buy goes through I can email them again letting them know to group mine in with this bulk shipment.

• Like 1