IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

Awww! I wish this April fools joke was not a joke! This reminds me of that Jaguar multi-cart joke. I actually believed that was real for awhile.

I know... so uncool. I had nightmares later that night.

Do you (USA people) remember how back in the 80s, they had that little thatch-hut shack inside the Toys R' Us? You would grab the little tear-away sheet for the Atari 2600 games and whatever else (Nintendo, etc) and then pay for it at the counter and they would trade the tear-away sheet for the voucher. You would then take that voucher to the shack, and some dude in there would look for the game and hand it to you... and it was like... OMG. I always wondered how that guy fit all those games in the shack. At the time, it felt like it couldn't have been any bigger than say... two port-o-potties next to eachother (not even the handicapped ones), and yet they had stacks and stacks of games for Intellivision, Colecovision, Nintendo, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari XEGM, Master System, and a bunch of other systems... I swear there must be an elevator in those.

Anyway, I used to dream that I would (all ninja-like) break into Toys R' Us from the ceiling... I would remove one of the skylights and repel downward to the shack. I would have a field day, tearing open like 50 boxes of Atari 2600 Jungle Hunt... but it always ended the same... the Toys R' Us was surrounded by cops. Sometimes in the dream, I would stay in there as I contemplated my options, but it always ended the same... I never made it out of there without getting pulled out by the cops...

Man...

I remember the old Nickelodeon Toys R Us contests to win like...5 minutes of running around with a shopping cart grabbing everything up. I used to fantasize about doing that but just going to the video game section and clearing them out. Just...every NES/SNES game evah in my little cart...

I remember the old Nickelodeon Toys R Us contests to win like...5 minutes of running around with a shopping cart grabbing everything up. I used to fantasize about doing that but just going to the video game section and clearing them out. Just...every NES/SNES game evah in my little cart...

OMG, yeah... I truly believed one day I was going to win that contest! Haha...

• 1 month later...

http://www.anotherworld-themovie.com/

No relation with the Another World on Jaguar team, but it's awesome.

Hah, that is totally awesome...

You know, I hope you guys (Europeans) don't take this the wrong way... but I notice what happens a lot is that something will get released in America, or some kind of fashion trend or "something" goes on in the US... then it runs it's course, and people all over Europe will take a concept bring it back, and make it 10 times better. Something like this... would NEVER happen in the US because the powers that be would be more interested in the next thing. But this "movie" would be way more exciting to me than a lot of the new stuff that comes out. Heck... Atari and Commodore was kept alive because of the enormous fan base in Europe while many in the USA kind of discarded a lot of it as old and no longer important.

Don't get me wrong... I love the United States... I grew up with my dad making me salute Ronald Reagan every time he was on the screen (my dad was Dutch). But still... it's awesome what a lot of the people my age (those of us now in our early to mid 30s) in Europe are doing with stuff that we all grew up with in the 80s and 90s.

This video kind of epitomizes what I mean... it's cheesy, but holy crap it's awesome. I think it was produced in Denmark, not sure I remember. It encompasses the 80s video game craze, Miami Vice, 21 JumpStreet, and God knows what else...

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually thought of buying that $600 copy on ebay recently because I know I'll never see it again once that's sold. Sad Panda..

But haven't they said they were going to release another run?

Man, I just can't see myself spending $600 dollars for a game I can download for free on PC... it would be the ultimate waste of money... but I do so want the game on the Jaguar pretty bad...

• 2 weeks later...

Downloading and playing Another World 20th anniversary edition on my Wii U tonight. Also availabe on ps3/4 and im assuming xbone? So cool that its available to the masses to play for 8 bucks.. Will still obviously be picking it up on jag if they ever do a second run ( crickets chirp......)

I got that email a few months back....fingers crossed that something comes of it.

In other news, Another World is awesome!! Very easy to pick up and play, no steep learning curve like flashback. The 20th anniversary edition has a cool feature where you can switch back and forth between the original low-res and the new high-res graphics. Stoked to play more of this game and hopefully someday on my Jag :)