IGNORED

CIB games that you have always wanted to own?

segagamer99

Hey everyone,

Anybody have a specific boxed game for any system they've always dreamed of owning? Somewhat of an unusual question.

For me, owning a Complete boxed Famicom cart version of Super Mario Bros is something I've always wanted to have. The hand-drawn artwork on the box by Miyamoto is really cool, and it's THE original Japanese version. Too bad I don't even have a Famicom.

Edited by segagamer99

Hard for me to pick one out. From the 2600, I would like to have many of the commons I have loose CIB, and that would be doable. No place to put them in such a small house though, and I remind myself I just want to play the games, not open a museum.

From the NES era, a CIB Final Fantasy.

I didn't own an SNES back then... just a Genesis. All three Phantasy Stars CIB.

Moving on, I'd like a CIB Dragon Force for the Saturn.

Can't think of anything for the PS One.

I've wanted a CIB copy of Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap for the SMS for years. There are usually a few available for sale on eBay, but they're never in the condition I'm looking for. I'm not looking for perfect, but I definitely don't want the manual written in or crumpled up.

It's my all time favourite game, so I'm going to be a little picky about it :)

I used to watch ebay all the time, searching for perfect condition cib nes games. I got some fantastic items, but I had to stop buying, and eventually stop watching. I can't bid on everything, and it became too painful to watch incredible deals going by all the time. For the final purchase, I went out with a bang and got a mint condition Adventure Island 3. I was looking for that condition for years: crisp corners, plastic still on the box, barely slit to be opened, all inserts, and the lid looks like it has only been opened a few times.

I have a sizeable list of games I want in the condition I described. Near the top are Zombie Nation, Little Ninja Brothers, and all the KOEI games I can find (I only have a few). I think it will take me more than a few years to hunt those down.

Not that it is out of reach, but I still have yet to pick up a CIB copy of Alien for the 2600. It is one of my very favorite movies, and I just love the box art. One of these days, I will find it for a fair price...one day...

I pulled the trigger on a CIB one of these a few years ago, I don't remember for sure but think I may have gotten it from atari2600.com. Fun game, and cool art. I am glad I did it. :)

I mostly wish I hadn't sold some CIBs from back in the day. Dragon Force being the main one, those Working Designs materials were so cool, with their raised lettering and overall high quality.

And of course...Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn. And Snatcher for Sega CD. Once again, games I have owned and foolishly sold for reasons completely unclear to me now. Grr.

• Like 1

and all the KOEI games I can find (I only have a few). I think it will take me more than a few years to hunt those down.

I used to have NES Nobunga's Ambition CIB and L'emperor CIB. Kicking myself for selling them.

Galaxian CIB for Colecovision would be cool. CIB isn't too high on the priority list though.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually trying to complete my 2600 boxed collection now, but leaving out the big $ titles, because I'm just not willing to spend the big $ on a 30-year old game. That said... Maze Craze, Super Breakout, and Indy 500. I guess my wants are pretty simple.

For some reason I always wanted a CIB Atari game and I was fortunate to get Asteroids sealed from atari2600.com

Believe me, one of the best experiences is to open it and see everything as new :)

Also I casually got a Defender for Colecovision CIB almost new and one of my guilty pleasures is to open it from time in time and play some games :)

For some reason I always wanted a CIB Atari game and I was fortunate to get Asteroids sealed from atari2600.com

Believe me, one of the best experiences is to open it and see everything as new :)

Also I casually got a Defender for Colecovision CIB almost new and one of my guilty pleasures is to open it from time in time and play some games :)

I have that guilty pleasure feeling myself sometimes when I take an already open game from its box. I'm like, "Wow! This game is packed in there with a catalog that's not the original, a warranty card that someone probably just found, and an instruction book that probably didn't originally come with it. It must be brand shiny OLD!" It sure doesn't seem old, though. Serious, there must be some kind of magic coming out of the box at that point.

• Like 1

Most of the RPGs I'd prefer to be CIB, because I love the old manuals, maps, etc...

I have more than a few of the old computer game RPGs complete or mostly complete in box.

I'm not picky on condition tho, as I intend to use them.. ;-)

I wouldn't mind the Shadow of the Beast games for the Amiga CIB, but I'm probably to cheap to ever get that..

Now, if B could stand for Baggie and money wasn't an object...

Akalabeth.. Complete in Baggie would be awesome.

;-)

desiv