IGNORED

Incognito Production Installation

Stephen

2 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Try putting the firmware ATR on the CF card in your Incognito, turning your FujiNet off, booting into the Incognito BIOS and then hitting the Loader to mount the firmware disk as D1:, and then booting into SDX. 

Well at least some progress.

CF was formatted at FAT16 (loader failed).  No FujiNet 

CF formatted as FAT32 (loader works)

Selected .atr and system boots to basic.   Hit reset and it enters XL test mode.  No FujiNet 

I tried FJC firmware and toolkit atr with same result of boot to basic.

I tried with with FujiNet and same error of 139 NAK.

EPROM flasher arrives tomorrow but my hopes are slight.  Is there a specific wire that would result in the 139 error?  

Could it possibly be a power problem?  I do note that SIO will occasionally stop responding and I have to hit reset.

Before formatting your CF card as either Fat16/32, you have to boot to SDX and use FDISK to create your APT/FAT partitions and assign drive numbers. Once this is done and you've saved all your changes under FDISK you have to run the format command and build the directory for your APT partition - Once this is done your APT partition will be visible under SDX as a PBI HDD using the drive number you assigned earlier.

Once this is done, shut the machine down, remove your CF card, plug your CF card into your PC and format the 'FAT' partition to FAT32 - NOTE: Do not format the APT partition, Windows will complain it doesn't recognize the partition, ignore such warnings.

At this point the job is done. You use the FAT partition via the SIDE loader for easy transfer of images between your PC and your A8, and you use the APT partition via SDX as your PBI HDD to create directories/add files and software as you see fit.

16 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

Before formatting your CF card as either Fat16/32, you have to boot to SDX and use FDISK to create your APT/FAT partitions and assign drive numbers. Once this is done and you've saved all your changes under FDISK you have to run the format command and build the directory for your APT partition - Once this is done your APT partition will be visible under SDX as a PBI HDD using the drive number you assigned earlier.

Once this is done, shut the machine down, remove your CF card, plug your CF card into your PC and format the 'FAT' partition to FAT32 - NOTE: Do not format the APT partition, Windows will complain it doesn't recognize the partition, ignore such warnings.

At this point the job is done. You use the FAT partition via the SIDE loader for easy transfer of images between your PC and your A8, and you use the APT partition via SDX as your PBI HDD to create directories/add files and software as you see fit.

Understood however, I am unable to get FDISK to see the CF.  I get 139 NAK.  When I boot to SDX it only see an O: drive which is empty.  Running FDISK that way result in file not found from D1 or the O drive…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rchennau said:

Understood however, I am unable to get FDISK to see the CF.  I get 139 NAK.  When I boot to SDX it only see an O: drive which is empty.  Running FDISK that way result in file not found from D1 or the O drive…

Is this the only CF card you've tried? I had issues with FDISK seeing my original SD card under U1MB/SIDE3. It was visible under the SIDE Loader, but FDISK refused to see it at all. Due to the fact it was a pretty old SD card, I went out and bought a new one and the new one was seen by FDISK straight away.

• Like 1

also be sure there is no drive assignment conflicts among all your devices.... that happens quite a bit these days. starting your hard drives at DC: (D3:) can be a great way to go... but make sure to set stuff to look at 3 for you ini etc., use the latest SDX with all of the correct drivers etc in the SDX user area as well as on the disk it will pull from.

You may want to completely update the programming and bios on you devices also.

10 hours ago, Mazzspeed said:

Is this the only CF card you've tried? I had issues with FDISK seeing my original SD card under U1MB/SIDE3. It was visible under the SIDE Loader, but FDISK refused to see it at all. Due to the fact it was a pretty old SD card, I went out and bought a new one and the new one was seen by FDISK straight away.

It is the only CF card I have and it is quite old.  Mid 2000’s if memory serves.  I’ll source a new one a report back.  

Success!

The problem was traced to the way I was attempting to load the atr images the contained both uflash and APT tools.  I have a FujiNet and the SIO speed was set to the default setting.  This appears to have been to fast on my system.  I lowered the FujiNet SIO speed to the lowest setting and I was able to flash the Incognito and was able to see the CF card from FDISK.    

I want to thank @flashjazzcat for his help, guidance and wonderful ROM.  Also thank you @_The Doctor__ for your tips.  This community is amazing and helpful. 

Be well and thrive

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/3/2013 at 6:12 PM, candle said:

ok, as promissed, here is a bios update that takes care of cartridge issue

you need to have SDX enabled while flashing (that doesn't mean you have to use it, just have to enable it since all flashers works through sdx cartridge banking register) and after it loads, wait untill normal (the same as it was while loading) screen appears - do not even think of pressing reset button ealier or turning off the machine

after flashing is done, please turn off your computer and make sure that flasher won't be executed at power up (if you're loading it through SIO device)

now you can use your cartridges normally

maybe someone could make a better instructions or video on how to do it

i would link them up to incognito page (there is one, just WIP, so i don't have it linked to the main page yet)

well, this is all for today

hopefully i'll have some more time tomorrow, so i could finnish with installation manual and overall pages

bios-update.xex 17.13 kB · 156 downloads

Save this for someone