IGNORED

Shamen Demo (Move any Mountain)

ilaskey

Bit of a long shot but here goes.

Many years ago a friend and I did an ST Demo that basically did a fairly crap slide show of some digitised images but its main feature was that it played a remixed (well, chopped, up, re-arranged) version of Move any Mountain by the Shamen. It lasted about 5 or 6 minutes and fitted on a single floppy disk. We submitted it to I think ST Format (which gave it a higher score that Issue than a new game from Jeff Minter - a tragic miscarriage of justice). It also went to a couple of PD libraries.

I don't suppose anyone has a copy? I lost mine and the source code years ago. It was the only thing I wrote that was 100% asm so I have a bit of a soft spot for it.

Edited by ilaskey
  • Like 1

I think that if you were a member of the TSCC you would remember (and most likely be german :D ) :). Furthermore I don't know of any demo by TSCC that has the name shamen and pouet wasn't much help in finding any demo that was called shamen. What was your crew name at that time?

• Like 1

Oh not part of a crew or anything like that. This was no TCB demo. I was def not in that league by some margin. It was just a slideshow of static screens and the sample. It's claim to fame really was just that it fitted a single floppy despite the length and sounded fairly decent. I don't want to give anyone the impression it was a proper demo with millions of sprites, scrolling colours and all that stuff.

• Like 1

Hmm, I'm not sure but I think the TSCC Shamen demo might be something else but it's that long ago I can't remember the TSCC bit in the title. It would be brilliant if it is the one though!

Well I haven't seen another Shamen Move any mountain demo? You I think were the 'old' tscc. vaguely I recall offering sampling and digitising services too.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
On 5/25/2013 at 11:55 AM, lotek_style said:

Just to bring in some light... TSCC (Germany) was not involved in this production :) Those where two different crews that didnt know of each other... btw what does TSCC (UK) mean?

A *little* bit late but we just called ourselves The Sirius Cybernetics Corporation. I think someone else mentioned TSCC in relation to a Shamen demo so it got a bit muddled.